Recent Monarch Review

Jen and all, there's a group of CCer's sailing on the 4-night Monarch on May 21. Come and join us! We have a good roll call going and it promises to be quite entertaining!

Jean............I think that there are enough of us to have this called an "official CC cruise". The more the merrier! Come check out the roll call....there are no rules against lurking!!

Rick

Jean............I think that there are enough of us to have this called an "official CC cruise". The more the merrier! Come check out the roll call....there are no rules against lurking!!

Rick

Although there are no rules against lurking .... has anyone here ever known me not to chat about something???? LOL, so if I started reading a thread, then I'd be too tempted to post, and until we're booked, I can't participate knowing that there are Roll Call Police waiting to bust me. :)

Does anybody know if the AO staff is the same as it was 5 yrs ago? Like jUicebox Jon and Jazzy Judy?

As much as Id love to help you, I'm not sure if they still are there.

Perhaps this would be a great question to ask of the main RCCL thread. It will get more visibility there :)

What a terrific review! Funny, though - Danney told us on the 12th that he's going on Legend. I guess things change in the blink of an eye. We'll see, but either way, we'll miss him (unless he's on Radiance when we sail her in September, of course)!

We had the same HW you did - somebody must have given him a talking-to - he was the first HW I would ever have described as useless. I'm glad he came through for you!

And the Rosa Fan Club keeps growing...

critterchick---totally off post...but where do you get massages in Ensenada? How much does it cost? thanks!!!

I'm sure that's why we all choose to sail the Monarch! :rolleyes:

I am booked on the Monarch 4 day leaving in two weeks, and until I read this thread, I have had a bit of trepidation....I have never had an inside cabin (until this cruise) and usually sail in the Voyager or Vision class.

This thread cheered me up a bit and even tho I will be sleeping in a closet-sized room (hopefully not under the centrum!) it sounds like it might be fun. I will be traveling with my teen son also a seasoned cruiser. We live in south OC, so maybe this will be the start of taking more trips closer to home.

next trip will be on the Rhapsody in Aug before she sails off down under and on to Asia.....thanks for the lively review! pam

lephysteria

Thanks for posting the review with all those great pics. It all brought back memories of last August when rubrrick, chefstomp and the others were on board. We had a great time then also.

Proud, three-time member of the Monarch fan club :cool:

critterchick---totally off post...but where do you get massages in Ensenada? How much does it cost? thanks!!!

There are 3 places that I know of that I would use (not to say that there aren't more; these are just the 3 I know of).

One is called Paristan. It's on Avenida Lopez Mateo, on the corner, but I can't remember the cross-street. It's on the north side of the street in a building that's set back from the street. I had a deep tissue massage that was great, but there were 3 of us in there at the time, so they put DH & I in a room together, which I did not care for. Also the "rooms" are simply curtained areas, so I could also hear the treatment next door a little bit more clearly than I would have liked (it was all legal).

The other 2 places are affiliated, but they don't seem to have names other than "massage and spa therapy." One location is also on Avenida Lopez Mateo, just west of Paristan. It's hard to spot - there is a white wrought iron fence in front, and you would go down the stairs to get there. I haven't been in that one - we went to the other location, which is on Miramar, just south of L.M. on the right hand side if you're turning from L.M. The treatment was just a hair less satisfying, but the facility was better - separate rooms for all. I'd recommend going there early and making an appointment if you want your massage after lunch.

Enjoy!

Jen, I think they relaxed the Roll Call rule so that you can post even if you're not sailing, but you can't hassle us!:p

Thanks for the advice on the massage. That's always good to know. :)

Jen, I think they relaxed the Roll Call rule so that you can post even if you're not sailing, but you can't hassle us!:p

LOL, and just for that ..... I'm gunna :p

:)

lol, no seriously, I'm seriously contemplating going on that cruise. I'm going to try and drag DH, but if all else fails, I might go shopping for a roomate.

lephysteria

Thanks for posting the review with all those great pics. It all brought back memories of last August when rubrrick, chefstomp and the others were on board. We had a great time then also.

Proud, three-time member of the Monarch fan club :cool:

Go on this great trip!! It will be a great time to be had by all!

If you're still apprehensive, Naren and I went in November and had fun. We went in December and we had fun. My mom and I went last January 06, and we had fun!

I think the Monarch is still in great shape, although she is an older ship. The crew is friendly, the staff is great, and you can't go to Vegas and have fun like this for the price!! :)

I been four times - I even went by myself once when I needed some "alone time". Great trip if you want to travel by yourself - I felt safe and well taken care of. I did it instead of taking a spa vacation, so I went to all the exercise classes and got a spa treatment everyday. We take the four day rather than the three day - it's actually usually cheaper and I like porting in San Diego and Catalina. We're pretty much making it a yearly trip.

Archived