Has this ever been done? Can it be done?

bubbles1209

Have you ever wanted to book a cruise for say 4 people, and weren't sure if the 4th person could go or not? Can you book a 4th guest tba (to be announced)? Has this ever been done by anyone? Can it be done? If you do, and they can't go, what kind of penalties are ya talking? Put a e-mail in to my pvp tonight, but hoping to get some insight tonight.

I would say you book two cabins making sure the one with the gaurenteed 2 people going are on the booking and now here is the insterting part you can use the upper births in the cabin or get a room with a pul out sofa bed. For the third, and cancle the 2nd cabin before final payment is due. Or keep it and someone gets their own room. Or look into a suite.

ok, I understand that part, but can you book a guest tba? Or do you have to provide them with a name? DD has invited 2 friends to go, she invited the 2nd just in case the 1st could not go. Therefore, my question, does a name need to be provided, or can you do it tba.......we figure if you can do it tba, they are not provided with a name, and can't charge us $50 for a name change later on if it doesn't work out for the 1st person invited, however, the 2nd cabin can be booked . Yes, if neither one can go, we can always cancel the other cabin, rather than pay double-occupancy for a single person.

That's an interesting question, because by the time of our next cruise in 2008, we'll be a family of 4. We want to book now but were wondering how we would do that since our baby isn't even born yet and we haven't named him/her!

I had no problem booking a TBA for a double occupancy cabin. Was told I didn't need to provide a name until final payment was due. I did have to pay two deposits though. When final payment came due I still couldn't find anyone to come along so I just cancelled the original booking and rebooked as single. I got my full deposit back and applied that to the new booking.

I dont think you can book TBA.

You must give them a name.

You can change that name until you complete the fun pass, and before final payment.

Enjoy

Yes, you can book a TBA, you do not have to have a name for the TBA until final payment is due.

How do i know this you ask? because we have done this on every cruise, my DB can never decide which GF he wants to take until the last minute.

We have a TBA right now for our cruise in July, be booked in October.

If you book thru the cruiseline, there will be no penelty if the person backs out before final payment But

Some TA's will charge a fee.

Archived