Where to have lunch in Southampton?

cusyl

My internet friend that I've been chatting with for 12 years wants to come from London to meet me for lunch on the day I am in Southampton or maybe Portsmouth if we go there.

Can anyone suggest a nice place for lunch there? :D

Take the FAST ferry to Cowes and there's a nice little place (name escapes me, tho) just as you leave the ferry terminal, ahead and a bit to the left. You can sit outside near the water and enjoy a nice meal. Then, you can take a FAST (there is a slow one, too) ferry back to Southampton and the ship.

THAT way your friend also gets to "go to sea".

:)

If you want to get something of the history of Southampton you should go to "The Duke of Wellington", a pub, originally build in 1220. It is also close to many sights like the Maritime Museum, the Walls etc.

The highest concentration of restaurants can be found on Oxford Street, not far from the dock gates. There is a pub where in the old days liner staff used to drink (most famous of course many who perished with the Titanic) and also many more modern restaurants, which might be more suitable if the chance to talk in leisure is more important than the location. Many have outside tables, too. Choose from British, Italian and French cusine.

Archived