Transportation from Port of Miami to FLL airport

Angie-Pangie

I am sure that the answer is somewhere out there or in a thread somewhere else but I was wondering if someone could post a link to a website or something that explains how the cruise ships operate transport to airports from port (in this case Port of Miami). We have booked our cruise on NCL for 25/2 but since we booked it through an airline employee discount program we don't get much "roll-out-the-red-carpet-service" before our trip, especially from NCL.

I have searched the NCL website for information on such a service but no luck. Is it simply something you arrange once on the boat? Just trying to plan ahead as we are travelling with a toddler and not bringing our car seat and need to get to FLL airport.

We are also sailing on that cruise and coming into FLL. We are actually coming in on Friday, and staying at my family's condo near Ft. Lauderdale, so we are renting a car for the weekend.

On Friday, we had rented a car from Hertz (about $80 for the day) to get back to FLL for a 5PM flight. Hertz gives 10% off for AAA (maybe CAA) and also a free carseat, as we are traveling with our 3 year old son.

Hope this helps!

I am sure that the answer is somewhere out there or in a thread somewhere else but I was wondering if someone could post a link to a website or something that explains how the cruise ships operate transport to airports from port (in this case Port of Miami).

I have searched the NCL website for information on such a service but no luck. Is it simply something you arrange once on the boat?

Once onboard you can usually purchase transportation back to the airport through the cruise line if your flight is after whatever time they specify. It's usually on a bus. Since you are traveling with a toddler I'd try and arrange transportation before going because I'm not sure a cab would let you have a child unrestrained in the car. I have a 15 month old and understand you wanting to get things done ahead of time. :)

since we booked it through an airline employee discount program we don't get much "roll-out-the-red-carpet-service" before our trip, especially from NCL.

Doesn't matter how you booked, we're all on our own when it comes to air, transportation, etc. etc. unless we pay extra, extra, and then more extra to get it with a package. You can call about transfers, I think they run about $30.00 person? FLL might be a little more because it's a distance from Miami. I don't know what time your flight is, but another option could be a rental car for very little. And I think you can get them with car seats for the little one.

We had a group that was in the same circumstance as you are describing: our flights were in FLL and the cruise port was in Miami.

The TA offered to arrange transfers from the airport to the port and back again through the cruise line (Carnival), but we found it was cheaper to arrange the transfers on our own with a private company. We used one called Larry's Limo, which I had read recommendations for here on the CC boards.

We were very happy with their service.

Rental cars are running slightly more than about $50/day (no drop off fees) at several agencies for a compact in March in that area of FL (that includes the airport taxes, but not extra insurance). If you don't want to rent a car, it's fairly easy to find a van service (like Supershuttle) or many other ones that will pick you up at either port and take you to either airport, MIA OR FLL. You should reserve w/one ahead of time to be safe. I think Supershuttle.com is one site, but there are many other private companies as well. Just do a net search for Miami shuttles or taxis, or go to ask.com and ask the question of how to get to FLL from the port of Miami. I would also check w/NCL (call their customer service) and simply ask what it costs to be taken to FLL. If you used a T/A to book, he/she should be able to find that out for you as well, and even set you up w/transportation.

NCL charges $15 per person for transport each way to/from Miami Intl airport/Port of Miami. The charge is $20 each way to the FLL airport. I know because I called NCL to ask about it for our upcoming cruise on the Pearl. You can easily book the transport on the phone with NCL by calling their 1-800 number.

I tried to post last night, but something happened to it...

Anyway, my wife and I are travelling with our 3 year old son on the Pearl on 2/25 and flying into FLL as well. Although we are coming in on Friday night, and staying in the area, we are renting a car through Hertz, and dropping it off Downtown Miami, where they shuttle you over for free.

On Friday, we rented a car as well, since we have a 5PM flight out of FLL, and don't want to be stranded for hours at boring FLL...The rate for a Full Size car through Hertz, with AAA (maybe CAA) was about $80, and they throw in one free carseat (with AAA, including a 10 or 15% discount).

I called the cab company on FLL's website, and they said it would run about $75 to get to the ship, plus tip. This way, you are free to do whatever, whenever, and not be stuck in the airport. I was once stuck there for 8 hours, and there is NOTHING to do there...

Hope this helps, and hope to see you on board! (our son is the one that will be wearing bright yellow Crocs, you can't miss him!!)

For my 10 year old daughter and myself from Ft. lauderdale to the Port we are going to use www.hollandlimousine.com and requested a sedan. We most likely will use the NCL bus service on the return which I am delighted to learn we can arrange on the ship. The cost of the sedan is not much more than the bus and I think worth the extra dollars to begin the trip and get quickly to the port instead of waiting for a bus. Once you arrive at the airport, you call the comany which must remain in a holding area and they will meet you curbside at baggage claim. You will need a skycap or cart to get to the curb.

Going home we have lots of extra time so the bus will work fine. Hope this helps

We're flying in FLL airport a day before our cruise and picking up our rental van there will be 6 of us. We're getting a rental from Dollar they advised me that I would have to take the van to MIA the day of our cruise and they will take us to the port of Miami and when we return from our cruise our rental van will be waiting on us at the cruise terminal than we can drive to FLL airport and return the van.It will cost us around $120.00 cheaper than taking a taxi.

Archived