HAL from NYC on 2/28

bklooney

I've only cruised once, on a short trip from Long Beach CA to Ensinada on Carnival. Wasn't much to tell about that cruise except the good friends.

Cruising on 2/28 and bought a guaranteed SC suite, and now have been assigned an SC handicapped suite in the very aft. Apparently we won't have a whirlpool tub? Is this true? And what about the size of the room, is it any bigger than a normal SC? Also, will it be better or worse being at the stern of the ship? So many questions, but your postings have been a very valuable source of information. Thanks!

I bought this cruise for my husband for Xmas, so having planned this by myself, I'm naturally a nervous nelly!

Thanks in advance for your comments and advise.

Sitting in the Ozark Mountains wishing I was in the Caribbean!:rolleyes:

Thanks for your response about the suites. So, we won't probably have a whirlpool? Guess the view is worth the sacrifice.

Also, trying to plan onshore activities....husband is a heart patient, so nothing too strenuous. Any suggestions on amazing activities that are "must do's"? Would like to plan ahead if possible. Either onboard or onshore activity ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks...

Online when you check the excursions, you can see a symbol next to them , according to how physical they are. Maybe you can figure it out from that? I would think any bus type things would be fine, as long as they don't leave you off far from ship with you all having to walk back.

aLSO you are in a good location, in a quiet area away from the snobs, .

I presume this is a typo but can't, for the life of me, figure out what you meant to say.

Would you like to clear up that little mystery?

btw---if the OP is sailing HAL from NYC in February she must be on the Noordam---there is no self-service laundry on that ship, so, yes, she will be away from laundromat noise.

Archived