SC Suites Question

bklooney

Booked on the Noordam in an SC Suite. Any comments on what I should expect. It's a handicapped suite, since we booked a guaranteed, and it's on the aft of the ship. Just wondering what to expect for storage? Closets? Roominess or lack thereof. Thanks..........:eek:

If you booked the SC guarantee, that does not mean that you will get an SC, it could be an SA or SB. We booked the SC guarantee on the Oosterdam for 2/24. We just got our assignment, and we are in 7054 I believe, and it is a mid-ship cabin near the Neptune lounge.

I found online thru the immigration form site that we have been assigned SC6164. Saw a tip online that you can check back on the HAL site and findout if you've been assigned a cabin yet or not. Seems we have a handicapped room, so I was just curious to know what to expect with this assignment. We are on the upper Veranda deck. :o

Go to the top of the page where it says Search Forum and do a search for Candy. She has a lot of pictures of the Zuiderdam which is a sister ship to the Oosterdam. One of the threads that comes up in the search is named Closet Space something or other. Click on that one and scroll down to Candy's reply. She has links to photos in her signature. Look for the one in the right hand column that says Hcp wake and views. Be sure to look through all of them because the pictures of the handicapped bathroom are near the end.

I think you have a good chance of moving up. If a handicapped person needs that cabin, you'll be moved for sure. Many people prefer the aft corner cabins because of the huge verandas and don't want an upgrade so the only place left is an SB or SA. There aren't many SC cabins. Since they are less expensive, the cruise line can upgrade people and resell the SCs until the ship is full.

Good luck. You'll have a great cabin whatever happens.

We have booked the aft corner suites on two Noordam cruises and enjoy them so very much because of the large deck. We wouldn't accept an upgrade to a SA suite when it was offered.

Any of the handicap aft suites are quite large with plenty of space and storage. The only thing they lack is a tub. Shower only.

Any of the handicap aft suites are quite large with plenty of space and storage. The only thing they lack is a tub. Shower only.

Wow I had no idea about this! We have SC6156 on the Westerdam----a handicapped deluxe bacony suite. I would have thought we would still get a tub (with jacuzzi). Ours is not a guarentee so it WILL be our cabin unless we get an upgrade to one of the corner aft suites, whch is doubtful as its Presdient's week.

I am sort of bummed about no tub. We have a 9 year old and she perfers a bath. I guess a shower will have to do. The SC suite WAS much less expensive than the next category up so I guess we can't complain.

Archived