NYC Equipment Rental Question

zapperman

In March of 2006 I rented a power wheelchair ($330 p/week) and a recliner ($330 p/week) to sleep in for my 1 week cruise on NCL Spirit from a company called CareVacations in Canada. I am currently book on NCL Dawn for May of 2007, and last week call CareVacations to request my wheelchair and recliner only to be told that CareVacations could NOT provide me the recliner for sure, and perhaps not even a power wheelchair? Based on this I am asking if anyone has ever used a different handicapped equipment rental company for the Manhattan NYC docks other than CareVacations which somehow fulfilled my request for March of 2006, but can no longer fulfill my handicapped equipment request for May of 2007 (14 months later)? Also CareVacations did state that if they could get me a power wheelchair the price would be $500 for the week, or another words $170 more that they charged me in March of 2006 (wow that’s quite an increase isn’t it). I am planning on posting this on the Disability Thread along with the 4 major cruise lines (Carnival, Cunard, NCL and Princess) hoping to get the broadest coverage so hopefully I can get the name of a different company to work with to fulfill my handicapped equipment needs. If anyone has any other suggestions in regards to who to call to resolve this problem, I would appreciate your feedback. Thank you.

Archived