share your experience in booking guarantee..have a decision to make

bubbles1209

I need you guys to share you experience in booking guarantee. I've read where people book2 cabins guarantee with an adult in each of the cabins, then switching the cards and all once they get on board, so the adults could be in 1 room and the kids in the other. What are your experiences in booking guarantee? When you booked guarantee, were both cabins that you booked close together once the cabins were assigned? Did anyone that was lucky enough to get upgraded have both cabins upgraded, and if so, were they close together? We were getting ready to book for this summer, and my pvp e-mailed me this morning and said that all discounts for our cruise that she had hoped to get us were now gone, because of the first of the month the prices were going up.:( She also says in the e-mail that we can't book guaranteed cabins unless there is an adult in each cabin. She says when booking a cabin for kids, they have to be across the hall or next door, therefore in order to do that, we have to select a cabin rather than go guarantee. So I was wondering what experience you guys have had in booking guarantee, and switching up the room keys at the purser's desk once you board. Once again, were the cabins close? On the same deck? Any and all help is appreciated. I want to make an informed decision, and try to save a little money at the same time, and I know booking guarantee is a little cheaper. Thanks in advance:)

We booked two inside guarantee rooms last year. We ended up with two oceanview rooms. They were both on the same deck. One was aft and the other was in the middle. At least they were on the same side.

We were together most of the time so we didn't bother with getting another room key. It worked out fine. Guess it would depend on the ages. Mine were teenagers (18) so I didn't worry about them.

We booked two inside guarantee rooms last year. We ended up with two oceanview rooms. They were both on the same deck. One was aft and the other was in the middle. At least they were on the same side.

We were together most of the time so we didn't bother with getting another room key. It worked out fine. Guess it would depend on the ages. Mine were teenagers (18) so I didn't worry about them.

you might not want to do that if your children are young or or even young teens otherwise you might find yourself sleeping in that cabin :) We always pick the cabins. I don't want the ship's officers coming to my cabin with complaints about my teens as I've seen that happen to other people. Kids do stupid things and you don't want to have to directed to be in there with them.

On a cruise a few years ago, they had a teen that was put in his cabin for the last 2 days and it was guarded by someone who worked on the ship. Was not permitted out of the cabin for whatever it was he did. He was older than my sons who were 13 and 10 at the time, so he probably was maybe 16 or 17 and his father was ordered to go sleep in that cabin. There was a whole screaming match going on over this between the parents and the officers. But everytime we came out of our cabin we saw the guard standing there right in front of the door.

Everyone swears their kid wouldn't do something like that, but we all know that kids do stupid things :)

mary

We were traveling with our two son's last Jan. Jon booked a balcony gty, Ron an inside gty & we also had a inside gty. Ron & us were upgraded to OV's. Well we DH & I didn't want the upgrade as we had two of Jon's kids in our cabin. Emailed our pvp & said thank's but no thank's as I was fighting breast cancer & didn't want to be that far from the kid's dad. Ten min. later I had a email from the pvp & we were in the cabin right across the hall from the dad. So you don't have to take a upgrade if it isn't good for you.

Char:rolleyes:

Well I have booked guarantee 2 times with 3 rooms each time. One time we had 2 rooms side by side and one on the other side of the ship. The second time we all were side by side so it really is a toss of the dice!

I booked 3 guarantee insides on Spirit last January. We were all upgraded to 7A obstructed balconies. I just went to the pursers desk and got different room keys so my husband and I could share and DD and her DB could share. No problem. It really depends on the age of the kids and how far apart you would feel is reasonable.

Candi

Archived