Help flights toronto to venice

Hi

My sister and I are planning to fly to venice October 10th for our Oct 13 cruise and return on Oct 27th. Since unable to go direct wondering if anyone has advice as to which is the best airline/airport to go through and if you booked early or later to get best deals.

Found a good deal going from Toronto To London Stansted by one airline but then only had an hour in stansted for a ryanair flight to Venice so figured it wouldn't be enough time.

Thanks

Owenette

Hi

My sister and I are planning to fly to venice October 10th for our Oct 13 cruise and return on Oct 27th. Since unable to go direct wondering if anyone has advice as to which is the best airline/airport to go through and if you booked early or later to get best deals.

Found a good deal going from Toronto To London Stansted by one airline but then only had an hour in stansted for a ryanair flight to Venice so figured it wouldn't be enough time.

Thanks

Owenette

Hi there. We are flying from Toronto to Venice in March and we are booked to go via JFK by Delta Airlines. Not sure what information we can quote here on the boards.

Val.

It depends how much of a bargain you really need. Are you flying to Venice to embark on a cruise? If so, I'm not sure I would trust Ryanair to get me there, but I have no personal experience. But I do know that they have horrendous baggage weight restrictions, and cruisers are not usually travelling light.

That being said, I think Stansted is a small airport, so you might look for their website and see if there's info about connect times. (or ask Globaliser, if he knows.)

The last two times I flew to Europe, once was through London (to Athens, AC/BA), and once was through Frankfurt (to Nice, Lufthansa). Good luck on what you find out.

1. Never use RYANAIR as connecting flight!!! They are not participating to interlining standards, i. e. you need to re-check everything again. Due to their strict baggage policy (limited to 15 kgs!!!) you do not get the advantage to have all your baggage from Canada (2 x 23 kgs) shipped free of charge from Stansted to Venice!!!

2. Never use RYANAIR as connecting flight!!! As they do not care if your flight is late and they will not refund you any cent!!!

3. Never use RYANAIR if you are under timepressure!!! They do not participate to European Standard to accomodate you or to rebook you on alternative flights if they have operational problems.

So if you book with one airline from Toronto to Venice and something is going wrong it's their job to make it possible to get you to your final destination.

Do not make the wrong decision by splitting to two flights and book second section RYARAIR - you will deeply regret.

If you check typical internet-suppliers like expedia you'll find offers like

BMI via London-Heathrow for 989 CAD - but transfer in London is not very nice.

SWISS via Montréal and Zurich for 1093 CAD - inconvenient to have an additional transfer in Montréal but the transfer in Zurich is smooth!!!

A very nice connection is available when you book via European booking machine opodo.de:

Air Canada Toronto - Rome - Venice

Swiss Venice - Zurich - Toronto

for abt. 1250 CAD.

Regards,

HeinBloed

We flew Air Canada from Toronto to Barcelona and return from Venice to Toronto. I had looked at every option available and felt that it was worth a few dollars more for shorter travel times.

I booked with AC via phone as their web site didn't give the option of leaving Venice at 10 a.m. and arriving in Toronto at 4 p.m (via Frankfurt.) This was a convenient time to leave Venice, as opposed to an early morning flight ... and a good time to arrive back home. (I had found this option on the Star Alliance website: http://www.staralliance.com/en/travellers/index.html).

Hi

To get to Venice for our RCL Splendour of the Seas transatlantic cruise last fall, we flew via Delta from Pearson to JFK and from JFK to Venice. It was a smooth transfer and didn't involve a long layover at JFK. Service on both flights was very good.

Bev

Hi

To get to Venice for our RCL Splendour of the Seas transatlantic cruise last fall, we flew via Delta from Pearson to JFK and from JFK to Venice. It was a smooth transfer and didn't involve a long layover at JFK. Service on both flights was very good.

Bev

Hi Bev. That is our exact itinerary for our cruise in March. Thanks for posting. Made me feel good about going that route.

Val.

Archived