The Morphing of X

C 2 C

http://63.217.28.3/images/other2/CelebritySolstice_very_big.jpg

Now paint a big X on the side of the ship beneath the stacks and you have the Solstice.

:( Hi,Arno,

If they insist on slapping that big X on the sides....they could also have a very dignified looking = X = painted on both funnels, a la Costa.

Somehow, a big X on the sides looks like a shooting target....'' for immediate effect, hit here ''....

It would almost give, by default, an air of class the the otherwise very tacky NCL's hull ''art''.....

Hmmmm....

:rolleyes:

[....] Cost cutting in ways that are highly visible to customers is risky. Although management can claim that eliminating items such as dance hosts and librarians are peripheral to most passengers, the same cannot be said about Chef Roux. We are embarking on Summit in four weeks; I will be interested to see if the food quality has changed in the four months since our last cruise. I do fear that without Roux to uphold standards X may turn to cheaper sources for its food supply. If they do so to a degree that is noticeable to their repeat passengers, that will hit their core product, which may not produce the results that they desire.

Arno, did you notice any changes in the Dining Room?

I can assure you that Michel Roux had little if any influence on the food quality fleet wide. Celebrity chefs lend their name for a fee. Yes, they do have some influence in menu selection and they perhaps give a couple of training sessions for the fleet's executive chefs, but they have nothing to do with day-to-day operations. Ronald McDonald would have as much influence over food quality as did Michel Roux.

Can't you just envision menu selections such as McChicken or Honey Mustard Chicken Wraps on the dinner menu?

Sir, will that be a #5 or a #7 tonight? Boy would that be a thread to follow !!! :D

Happy Cruising,

Rich :cool: :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

X doesn't advertise fun ships. They seem to show it's luxury at an affordable price. Fun is left to Carnival and RCL. All ships can have both but the demographic of the ads seem to show X as a luxury ship with great food and service. They should require their ad exec to travel on the ship and see what he/she thinks. I don't see it as either fun or luxury. Just another ship.

Celebrity is about to announce a new deposit program for onboard bookings. It will not require a date to be specified. It will not permit changes to a RCCL booking. The amount of credit will be determined by the cost of the cruise. for example a two week cruise such as a transatlantic with a price of less than $1000 pp will get a cabin credit of $50. That should encourage a lot of people to wait for last minute sales. The more expensive the cruise the bigger the credit...

Supposedly this will be more in line with the competition... (except for the perks offered elsewhere.)

Celebrity is about to announce a new deposit program for onboard bookings. It will not require a date to be specified. It will not permit changes to a RCCL booking. The amount of credit will be determined by the cost of the cruise. for example a two week cruise such as a transatlantic with a price of less than $1000 pp will get a cabin credit of $50. That should encourage a lot of people to wait for last minute sales. The more expensive the cruise the bigger the credit...

Supposedly this will be more in line with the competition... (except for the perks offered elsewhere.)

Arno, thanks for keeping us informed of the rapidly occurring changes on OUR favorite cruise line. This change sounds wonderful thus relieving us of booking nonsensical "fathom" cruises for ship board credit, etc...yeah!!

Also, any info on the new computer/internet service and prices.

Always enjoy reading your commentary and perspective you bring to the Celebrity CC board. Thank You!:)

Enjoy your mini cruise before your voyage around the Horn.

About the computer program:

It would be nice to get info from any person recently on Constellation.

It seems there will be no classes, no instructors, just a manager and the IT guy doing all the other computer stuff on board.

I tried to get more information from X HQ but was told that they were in regular touch with Cruise Critic :rolleyes: and no information was available.

Wow--reading this thread was not very reassuring!

We very much enjoyed our family cruises on Disney with our young children. My wife and I went on a RCCL cruise and enjoyed that, too. We like the rowdy family scene when it is time for that--like when we are with our kids. But we also enjoy a more refined experience, and so we decided to try Celebrity for our upcoming 20th anniversary.

Because it is our anniversary, we booked a CC class stateroom (which is above what we would usually do). As part of this special event, we were looking forward to, for lack of better terms, "old-style" cruising. We are 44 years old, but we enjoy getting dressed up, formal meals, etc. etc.

I guess we will find out what we are in for, but it will be disappointing if it is not a step above.

Archived