Carnival Legend Reviews--any new positive

remarks? I booked this ship for July. I previously sailed on the Glory....loved it! Lately I've noted ALOT of nasty reviews about the ship. I HOPE someone has something positive to say about this boat and it's staff, food, activities. I'm doing the Western Caribbean itinerary...Belize, Cayman Islands, Costa Maya, Cozumel. I've never been that way before. I guess any vacation is what you make it.:rolleyes:

Hi - I went on the Legend a little less than two years ago (different itinerary at that time). My husband and I absolutely loved it. The boat at was in perfect condition. We had no complaints other than the decor is a little too gaudy for our taste, but that is always expected on Carnival. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

Hi,

My husband and I were on the Legend this past Oct for a 2 night CTN. For those 2 nights we had a great time. The food was excellent and so was the service. We were in Cabin 6149 on the Empress Deck and our steward was Wade. He was excellent. He kept the cabin spotless, replaced the towels twice a day, cleaned up our dirty glasses. He was also extremely friendly with a great sense of humor. The food in the dining room we thought was excellent as was the service. Whenever we asked for something we received it quite quickly. We didn't eat in the buffet except right after we boarded when we had pizza so I really can't comment on the food over there. The pizza was really good though. The crew was really friendly also. I have read where some people said that Carnival crewmembers are not friendly. I did not find this at all. Whenever we walked in the hallways and we saw crewmembers they would always say hi to us and smile. The ship was very clean too. They were constantly cleaning something. A few times we even saw them washing the walls in the hallways....LOL!!! There were some spots where the carpet in the halls were a little worn but that didn't bother me. The only real complaint I have about that cruise was that it was way too short. So that is why we booked an 8 night cruise on the Miracle for June. :D

You will have a great time on the Legend. :)

We (myself, DH and DS) are on the Legend April 15th. We were a little worried because I did a lot of homework on the Legend and the Miracle and we had picked the Miracle....then they changed ships. I know we will have a good time:D Thanks

Thanks everyone for the positive notes. There were so many negative reviews about the Legend lately that I was wondering what's up with that? It would have to be a really bad experience for me to have a horrible time. I'm going into it knowing I will have fun. With so many ports to see in July now I have to decide where and when and whether to book book excursions outside of Carnival....I'm so excited.

We have not been on the Legend specifically, but we love the Spirit Class ships. I think of them as having all the amenities of the Conquest class (except no fishnchips) with a lot less walking and 700 less people.

On the Spirit class ships, there are no mid ship dead ends. I love the flow.

Thanks for the good news, has anyone taken the Western Caribbean itinerary? We're going to Belize, Costa Maya, Cozumel and the Cayman Islands on the Legend, just not sure which excursions to take.

Just did the Western on the Miracle

......Had Moby dick tours for the rays in GC, but a LongIsland "sleep in" caused me to miss the excursion....we just took a cab to a beach where my wife snorkeled and I rented a jet skii...it was a nice day.

.......Belize...CAVE TUBE DOT COM!!!!! AWESOME tour.......I plan on going back to take the kids....a Definite experience of a lifetime

.........Costa we had heavy rain so the wife and I shopped for a bit at the port and had lunch(she thought the food was horrible/processed fake mexican cusine)...and returned to relax at the ship.

.......Coz, we split a cab to Paradise Beach....GREAT day with GREAT food on the beach for little $$....$8/person round trip cab, $8 entry (included beach, snorkel, Chairs, umbrella and other non-motorized) and a fantastic on site beach restaurant $20-30 with a couple drinks. GREAT DAY for $40-45/person. The only disappointment is that that area isn't known for great underwater fish/scenery...but it was my first time out and didn't have the hang of the whole "breathing thru a tube" thing.

This might help for Coz if you want water...... http://www.cozumelinsider.com/Beaches

remarks? I booked this ship for July. I previously sailed on the Glory....loved it! Lately I've noted ALOT of nasty reviews about the ship. I HOPE someone has something positive to say about this boat and it's staff, food, activities. I'm doing the Western Caribbean itinerary...Belize, Cayman Islands, Costa Maya, Cozumel. I've never been that way before. I guess any vacation is what you make it.:rolleyes:
Did you read my review? It was far from nasty. While we were disappointed in the dining room food, there were a lot of good things about our cruise as well. I haven't been on a Carnival ship yet that I wouldn't go back on again.

Got off last Saturday, the crew was amazing, the food was great, the ship was immaculate and well maintained. Didn't care much for the cruise director. Would I sail her again...in a heart beat. Just posted a lengthy review.

Archived