On the Ecstasy: Beef Wellington & Chateaubriand...

monakayk

Yup, you're right...that's what a migraine will do...and meds...I do apologize.

More importantly my point was that the OP did not try to resolve the situation, had they done so they probably would have been satisfied.

Many posts and mostly those from Zandam, make me post as well.

I live in Tampa where the undisputed champion of beef is Bern's steak house. Until you are spending 50% of the cost of a night at a decent restaurant, hotel, breakfast at Denny's, and lunch at TGI Fridays, please stop demanding that you get better than this. If you want to spend the money for Raddison Seven Seas or a week in Tampa at a great steak restaurant, do so and enjoy. To spend so much less and demand more is silly and makes you look small. At a minimum, go cruise Celebrity.

This is from Bern's Steak House in Tampa, I love to go there and check this out !!!:D

Chateaubriand and Filet are both tender and exactly alike in that both come from the tenderloin, the long tender part next to the Strip. The difference is that the Filet is generally cut smaller and broiled with the grain running up and down; heating through easier and broiling faster.

The Chateaubriand is usually a larger cut of tenderloin and because of this, is broiled laying down with the grain running horizontally against the heat. This means that it's more difficult for the heat to penetrate and it gives you a better crust with a nice pink or red warm center. However, it takes longer than other steaks of equal thickness to broil, and for this reason, achieves greater charcoal flavor, but shrinks more.

Your waiter will carve your steak any way you like, thin-sliced or cut our way, in two. We personally feel that thin-slicing is for fresher, chewier steaks, and also that thin-slicing quick-cools your steak. However, your waiter will cut your Chateaubriand the way you like.

It's on I-Drive in Orlando, and arguably, it's one of the best steaks we've ever had in our lives, and hubby IS a foody (though is very very tolerant of food that we have on cruises - he totally gets the cooking for the masses thing and understands it's hard to get it perfect every time).

Many posts and mostly those from Zandam, make me post as well.

I live in Tampa where the undisputed champion of beef is Bern's steak house. Until you are spending 50% of the cost of a night at a decent restaurant, hotel, breakfast at Denny's, and lunch at TGI Fridays, please stop demanding that you get better than this. If you want to spend the money for Raddison Seven Seas or a week in Tampa at a great steak restaurant, do so and enjoy. To spend so much less and demand more is silly and makes you look small. At a minimum, go cruise Celebrity.

glad i motivate you :p i'd settle for denny's quality.

Old saying but still true....

as long as I don't have to plan it, buy it, prepare it and clean up after it...

it is wonderful. (especially at $47.00 per person per day~~ and that was for a 4C and I got to pick our cabins!!!!)

Archived