Have you used any of these companies- transportation from Rome to port?

At the end of October, 2006, we used Roma Shuttle Service (www.romashuttle.com). Alfredo Costabile is the General Manager.

We paid 130 euros from the Airport Hilton to the port for two people and luggage for a private van. Suggest strongly you nail down the amount of luggage you will be taking before finalizing the booking. They had given us several lower rates before finalizing at 130 euros (we had 4 pieces of luggage, plus a carry-on) due to the amount of luggage we had.

Also, allow at least an hour to an hour and a half drive time because of Rome's traffic and that at the port city.

The driver spoke little English, but was courteous, although he was several minutes past agreed upon time (10:00 to 10:15 AM).

This was our only experience with a shuttle to the port from Rome, and we would recommend this service.

Anyone have experience (within the last year) -good or bad - using any of these companies for transport from Rome (city) to the port?

romeshuttlelimousine

romashuttle

airport connections

Thanks for any input.

Julia

I have used romeshuttlelimo for transport from port to city,city to airport and we had them for a whole day to go to Tuscany from Rome.Really any of them would be fine.Driver's for any do not always speak english,but they are generally reliable,and do their best.Some of the companies now ask for payment on CC as they have been left waiting at the port for pax who have decided to go with someone else and never let the company know so they lose money and time and will not charge if cancelled in reasonable amount of time.It is always best to write down where you want to go and the name of the ship/hotel/wherever you want to go.

I'm looking at the different transport companies since we have a group from the roll call who are staying precruise in Rome. It's cost effective to share rides to the port the day of embarkation.

The 3 companies I'm asking about have already given me some idea of the logistics for pickup, costs, etc but now need to make sure whoever is chosen is reliable.

Julia

I'm looking at the different transport companies since we have a group from the roll call who are staying precruise in Rome. It's cost effective to share rides to the port the day of embarkation.

The 3 companies I'm asking about have already given me some idea of the logistics for pickup, costs, etc but now need to make sure whoever is chosen is reliable.

What cruise ae you on?

What kind of quotes did you get? Please post the contact infor for the 3 companies. We need to make similar arangement for October.

thanks,

Dileep

What cruise ae you on?

What kind of quotes did you get? Please post the contact infor for the 3 companies. We need to make similar arangement for October.

thanks,

Dileep

Emerald Princess 9/2/07 sailing.

Company websites:

romashuttle.com

airportconnection.it

romeshuttlelimousine.com

Julia

• 1 year later...

I just returned from a Rome vacation and spent over $1,000 on Rome Shuttle Limousine's services. I do NOT recommend them. Stay away. All over the site they advertise a Mercedes Benz fleet. Two of our rides were in dirty old cars, a Chrylser mini-van and Lancia. The latter vehicle had no air conditioning so it was a truly unpleasant ride. I complained but they don't care.

Archived