Jungle Reef Estate

lynninsc

Has anyone done this excursion through Princess? Can find no info on it. Is it a private property that they own? The description makes it sound like there is plenty to do other than just the beach. Anyone know where it is located?

• 1 month later...

We did this tour last week with Crown Princess. I couldn't find much on this excursion on the boards prior to going, so thought I would post on return as I saw other people looking for info as well.

It is private old plantation estate, located just before you get to the Pitons which they drove by on the return trip to the ship. It is what seemed like a lengthy boat ride from where the ship docks on a volcanic sand beach. We were loaded on to the boat with divers and had to transfer on to another boat out a ways from shore where the divers continued on. While ashore, you could snorkel and/or spend time on the beach. Chairs included and shade from the huge palm trees. You could buy soft drinks and beer there as well. When the divers returned, lunch (which was very good and included one soft drink was served in the remains of what looked like one of the old plantation buildings. After lunch you had the choice to go on a guided tour of the remains old plantation or beach/snorkel again - the guide was very informative and we learned a lot about the history of this particular plantation, what was grown there, types of vegetation, and what life was like for the slaves when it was in operation. After the tour, we were loaded on to the smaller boat and had to transfer to the bigger boat out from shore again. Boat ride getting there and back was less than comfortable and having to transfer out from shore was also just that - no narration along the way - didn't even tell us that we were viewing the Pitons when we got there. This is jmho on the excursion but I thought I would post our experience as prior to going I didn't really see anything on it.

Thank you so much for the information. We were seriously considering doing this when we are there in April, but it is our first time to the island, so we decided we wanted to see more of the sites. I was a little regretful that we were not going to do this excursion, but now I feel a little better about missing it. Thanks.

Archived