Carnival Secrets they Usually Don't Tell You About 2

Elaine515

Use a magnet to trick the balcony door into thinking its closed to keep the air on

We're going on our first cruise in a couple of weeks and we booked a balcony. Exactly what sort magnet are you suggesting?

I think it would be nice to have our door open AND the A/C on.

Thanks,

Cari

I've never tried this. However, I got this from a reliable source:

One the last day of a cruise you can buy alcohol and take it directly to your room. If you have back to back cruises planned you can buy alcohol on the final night of your first cruise. Then you will have alcohol in your cabin for the second cruise.

I've never tried this. However, I got this from a reliable source:

One the last day of a cruise you can buy alcohol and take it directly to your room. If you have back to back cruises planned you can buy alcohol on the final night of your first cruise. Then you will have alcohol in your cabin for the second cruise.

that's a GREAT TIP now !!!

It's been a couple of years since our last cruise, we would pack our own liquor in our luggage, this is my first time on Carnival. Do people still do that? I understand "legally" you are not suppose to.

I don't do it myself but I know it still goes on based on things I read in other threads.

You made us lose a sailing, the new Carnival CONSTIPATION did not sail because her :D :D Chief Of Security (you) :D

HaHaHa:D . I've reported for duty Captain.

I've been trying to get people to post there ideas here. However, I think eveyone is running out of ideas. I'm sure in your 94 years of ocean travel you must have some wisdom to share with us. Please don't hold back and share with us.

I tried everyway possible to find where the magnet goes on the balcony of the Spirit and it was impossible to find.

You shouldn't use a magnet, if the reason you are using it is to fool the AC system into staying on while your door is open... there is a reason the system was made the way it was... it HAS happened before where the AC system has gone kapoot... can you imagine if everyone did that, and the AC system was trying to "cool down the caribbean"??? :eek: The stewars are advised to remove the magnets... they know where to look. On my Miracle cruise, my steward had 4 magnets in his pocket, all from one cabin! LOL! They were told that if they did it one more time they would be removed from the ship :eek:

Plus, you get the condensation, not to mention the wind...

I know that the ships use diesel to generate electricity for the ship. I wonder if everyone leaving their doors open would cause the ship to use too much fuel. Maybe it would also be too much load on the generators. All this in addition to what Goincruisin just mentioned.

Is there any experts here that would know?

I know that the ships use diesel to generate electricity for the ship. I wonder if everyone leaving their doors open would cause the ship to use too much fuel. Maybe it would also be too much load on the generators. All this in addition to what Goincruisin just mentioned.

Is there any experts here that would know?

Well, not so much the power supply, but rather the COOLING CAPACITY of the A/C system. If enough people brought magnets, etc, it would be unfair to all the others who STILL couldn't cool their cabins, and were sweltering and dying of the heat even with their doors closed. Not everyone appreciates the open air in their rooms, and expect them to be a cool and dry oasis after the burning active days out in the open.

Not to mention condensation and other problems it brings.

Thanks Yuccaman.

This next stupid suggestion is one I actually did;) .

With a little strategic folding you can make one of the butter wraps (paper wraps around a small serving of butter) look like a bird's beak. During dinner place the paper at the bottom of a nearly completed bowl of salad and mix it in for effect. Next complain to the waiter about finding a bird beak in you salad.:D :D :D

I did this on the last nght of a cruise to get back at my waiter for being a prankster. I had him worried until one of my tablemates couldn't keep a straight face.

My last suggestion on the board in awhile since I'm leaving on a cruise this Saturday:

Forgetting to remove the chocalate from your pillow prior to going to bed will result in "skid" marks all over your sheets:o . Imagine what your cabin steward will think if this is combined with suggestion #1 (showers in the gym).:eek: :D :D

Thanks Yuccaman.

This next stupid suggestion is one I actually did;) .

With a little strategic folding you can make one of the butter wraps (paper wraps around a small serving of butter) look like a bird's beak. During dinner place the paper at the bottom of a nearly completed bowl of salad and mix it in for effect. Next complain to the waiter about finding a bird beak in you salad.:D :D :D

I did this on the last nght of a cruise to get back at my waiter for being a prankster. I had him worried until one of my tablemates couldn't keep a straight face.

Hee Hee. That's a good one. Isn't it great when you get a prankster waiter with a great sense of humor? Adds a lot of fun to the trip, and might as well get him back once in a while... and most pranksters are always looking for new ammo for the arsenal, right?

I have not seen many comments about the food. At dinner if you want an extra shrimp cocktail (or more) just ask. The order is typically small. The same goes for the main dish. I have ordered an extra lobster, king crab, Tiger pran shrimp many times. OK every time.:)

Cain't decide which desert to go with, go for both. You can never go wrong there.

A few tips I didn't see in this thread

1. Bungee cord to keep the door open

2. Last Carnival cruise I was on this didn't work, but on Royal Caribbean it does, hopefully you can do it on other Carnival ships, but anyway... When you go look at your pictures, take them all to the desk and ask them to put them in a folder for you. Then at the end of the cruise, go through them all and buy the one or two you like best.

3. If you want/don't want your next door balcony neighbors to see you naked, be sure to open/close your curtains. The glass on the balcony railings act like mirrors at night. ;)

Archived