Carnival Secrets they Usually Don't Tell You About 2

Elaine515

What great Carnival secrets. So good, I put them on my website. I did not post your name but would like to give credit to you if you like. Please let me know if you want your name as submitted by. Here is the link to the page.

http://workingformynextvacation.com/4.html

Thanks for adding them to your site....

I have share the link with many already....

Here's my contribution to the 'secrets' - if you don't care about getting your picture taken in the terminal before you board, you can cut quite a lot of time spent waiting in line. Politely ask the Carnival worker near the photo station if you can skip the picture and they should let you get right on the ship*. :) It's worked for us every time, and since we don't really need a picture from the terminal, it's no great loss.

(*Individual results may vary.) :D

What great Carnival secrets. So good, I put them on my website. I did not post your name but would like to give credit to you if you like. Please let me know if you want your name as submitted by. Here is the link to the page.

Hiya yellowfrog777.... While I am the one who started this particular thread, I am not the one who came up with the idea. To be perfectly honest, someone else started another thread (same topic) but it got to be pages long so I condensed it.

I truly believe that you should give credit to ALL CRUISE CRITIC MEMBERS for this particular thread as everyone has helped in some way or another.

Oh, and great website you have there...

• 3 weeks later...

When I clicked on your link (and I was really looking forward to viewing it), this is the message I got:

Multiple Choices

The document name you requested (/4.html) could not be found on this server. However, we found documents with names similar to the one you requested.

Available documents:

Please consider informing the owner of the referring page about the broken link.

And many thanks to everybody for all of the great info!

I used a place called wellwishers to order a case of beer to be in my room when we got there. It was great. Pricey, but saved on tips and it came out to about $2.60 for a 12 oz. bottle. We carry a cooler and the room steward keeps it full of ice. I take a bottle of wine, and I am set for the duration. Since the beer is hot when I get there, I have to buy the first one from the bar, I get the 16oz. plastic bottle and keep using it for the ones in my room. My bar bill ended up being about $8 cause I had two beers. Great post, keep um a comin.

"Most ships have a secret door...find it."

Okay, what's going on with the secret door? Has anyone FOUND the "secret door?" Is there a "secret door" on the Fascination?

I have this image of me and my husband, inching along the hallways, feeling the walls, looking for a secret door... and part of me is wondering if this isn't just a trick to get us to do that. LOL :D

"How was your trip?"

"Well it was okay, but we spent most of the time in the hallways trying to find the secret door."

I used a place called wellwishers to order a case of beer to be in my room when we got there. It was great. Pricey, but saved on tips and it came out to about $2.60 for a 12 oz. bottle. We carry a cooler and the room steward keeps it full of ice. I take a bottle of wine, and I am set for the duration. Since the beer is hot when I get there, I have to buy the first one from the bar, I get the 16oz. plastic bottle and keep using it for the ones in my room. My bar bill ended up being about $8 cause I had two beers. Great post, keep um a comin.

Hey smarks, I would love to surprise DH with a case of his favorite beer, but I do not see on the wellwishers.com website that they offer beer as an option? Is it only available departing from certain ports?

thanks

A few times I have seen questions pertaining to these, or something like this. These are two great (I think) secrets I learned on Carnival.

1. At the Captain's party, past guest party, or any party where free alcohol is served, you can order what you want as opposed to just taking the free drinks. I started doing this a few years ago when I saw someone else doing it. Occasionally you get a server who wants a small tip, but it is well worth it.

2. In the dining room, if you don't like what is served then you can ask for grilled chicken, maybe a plain steak (can't remember if I'm sure about that one), or you can order from the children's menu. The children's menu has the basics (i.e. burgers, hotdogs) and they have the best mac and cheese which my table ends up ordering as an appetizer.

There's a hidden door on the Panorama Decks of the Conquest Class ships all the way at the front that goes to a flybridge, and has a walkway down to a lower area as well.

I believe there is also one on Deck 6 on the same ship, all the way forward.

The doors are not marked in any way at all. They just go to the front of the ship.

"The secret door" wouldn't be a secret if it was to a section not off limits to guests. If you wan't to sneak into a crew only area there are much easier ways of doing it then looking for a hidden door. I would stay out of those areas because it is the only place the crew can go to for a break from dealing with us all day. I'm sure they like a little privacy and break from work once in awhile.

Correct link, I believe should be:

http://workingformynextvacation.com/tips.html

Ever since I started using the over-the-door thingie I've been able to set up really quickly all the little items with no special place to go or the really bulky items. I pack it up before I go, when my luggage arrives it comes out first and then all I have is clothes on hangers to hang up! Putting it away is realy easy too...just fold and put in luggage. I love it!

And I love my lanyard. Never lose my card like my kids did because they didn't like the lanyard.

"The secret door" wouldn't be a secret if it was to a section not off limits to guests. If you wan't to sneak into a crew only area there are much easier ways of doing it then looking for a hidden door. I would stay out of those areas because it is the only place the crew can go to for a break from dealing with us all day. I'm sure they like a little privacy and break from work once in awhile.

Then why don't they put a "crew only" sign on the door? ;)

It wouldn't be a secret door if there was a sign on it. It would defeat the purpose of the door to blend in with it's surroundings if there was a sign. Imagine what a wall would look like with an ambigous "crew only" sign.

Our contribution:

We always bring our bottled water and soda in a rolling cooler. Then we use the cooler as a footstool on the balcony, and it serves as the "souvenier" suitcase for going home.

I will confess to also packing a one cup drip coffee maker and my own coffee, I HATE ships coffee.:eek:

Hey smarks, I would love to surprise DH with a case of his favorite beer, but I do not see on the wellwishers.com website that they offer beer as an option? Is it only available departing from certain ports?

thanks

I am wondering the same thing because all I found was wine:confused:

Archived