Intercontinental vs Sheraton

jazzmom0710

OK...seems both of these resorts are great. My question for those of you that have been to both is: If you had only two nights and didn't want to go to two places, which would you choose? IC sounds wonderful and would probably be more convenient pre-cruise since we would be flying into Papeete and embarking there too. On the other hand the OWB at the Sheraton sounds very unique and from what I've read theres more to do in Morrea? We've got lots of time, but I enjoy the planning of these trips so I like to do a lot of research.

Thanks for any all info!

Connie

OK, half way through your message, I figured out you were talking about Tahiti.

Sheraton. It ain't even close, imho. The ferry dock is 100 meters or so from the cruise dock, so getting between the two is no problem. The minor hassle of getting to the ShHeraton on Morrea will be well worth the effort.

Paul

there are other wonderful places to check out on Moorea. you can take the ferry, or fly, the ferry is a very affordable way to go.

we snorkeled at the Sheraton and it was good. there is an IC on Moorea, as well as a Pearl resort and a newly reopened Sofitel( the snorkeling here is also very good). since you like to research, check out http://www.thetahititraveler.com and http://www.tahitiexplorer.com. you will find lots of good info. if you can, go to Moorea two nights pre cruise, and stay at the IC on Tahiti one night post cruise ( flying out without the rest of the ship is much more relaxing).

What kind of transporation options are available in the morning from the ferry dock on Moorea to the Sheraton?

We took the bus -- for the experience. there are two bus routes on the island; one circles clockwise and the other counter-clockwise. The counter-clockwise bus will get you there faster, but it makes little difference, acutally. There will be taxis at the ferry dock for sane travelers. :)

Paul

:o Thanks Paul,

I'll check into the availablility of the Sheraton when it gets a ittle closer. I've heard great things from others. We can't do post cruise in Tahiti though cause we're planning to do the the twelve night Tahiti- Hawaii cruise with Princess. Hope we can get it that way (ending in Hawaii) as it will be shorter to go home to the midwest.

Sorry about not being more clear about which island!

Connie

Archived