Are children allowed in the piano bar?

well, what it comes down to is - You know your kids - and you know what makes you comfortable with your kids. If you feel comfortable bringing your kids into an adult only area - than by all means, do it. Where my gripe comes in is if I am somehow supposed to temper my behavior just because there is a youngin there. Not that I necessarily go "hog wild", but I have been known to sing a raunchy song or two. As long as you are comfortable with your kid hearing it, then I'm alright with singing it.

Make sense...?

First off I'm from Wisconsin and we are allowed to bring our children into bars.....

Mine have been in them but at a particular time in the evening I take them out..... early evening..... I do not expect other people to behave any differently than they would any other time.... now whether my kids (who are teens) are there or not I don't appreciate the F bomb being dropped every two seconds anyhow by someone and I will say something either way..... So as far as on a cruise I wouldn't have a problem with my 15 and up being in the piano bar for a time.... as someone else said most anything they hear in there is said in high school on any given day.......

The reason I originally asked is that my brother and sil will be bringing my niece who is ten and they asked. On the Glory the piano man had the room sing in three part harmony and it never got crazy just lots of fun in there. I did see people bring their kids in just didn't know what the real rule was. The children that did hangout around the piano bar with their families were never shooed away and sang along with their parents. OF course by 11:30-12:00 most kids were gone. However, you do see ALOT of young children walking around the ship in groups late at night by themselves. Some even wondered into the bar, many teens did too for a look see. I have a 16 and a 21 year old and they might want to hang for a song or two but then they'd be off on their own. I honestly didn't see anything in the piano bar that would make a teen blush. In fact, some might be bored with the whole scene.

It's a BAR -- it's late, they're tired, and a piano bar is HARDLY an activity for a sleepy cranky sunburned three year old.

I whole heartedly agree. A bar is not the place for a 3 year old.

wsod = white screen of death, which you get when the boards are acting up. when i see a post that hasn't 'refreshed' i just post this.

White screen of death.

Diane

Thanks! I knew it was something like that! :D

well, what it comes down to is - You know your kids - and you know what makes you comfortable with your kids. If you feel comfortable bringing your kids into an adult only area - than by all means, do it. Where my gripe comes in is if I am somehow supposed to temper my behavior just because there is a youngin there. Not that I necessarily go "hog wild", but I have been known to sing a raunchy song or two. As long as you are comfortable with your kid hearing it, then I'm alright with singing it.

Make sense...?

Well I am a teenager, but I agree with this post. My family lived in Nashville and my mom has taken me into some of the bars (from when I was 12-15) some served food, some didn't, until around midnight, sometimes later depending on which Bar. They were all smoky, but my mom smokes and we tried to sit away from the majority of people. When I was there she expected no less than what they would do and say any other days, and the songs to be the same too. Truthfully, very few people even noticed me because I just would sit there and drink my Pepsi or eat my Cheese Fries if they had food, and listen to the music.

So my thing is, and I know I'm only a 'kid' so don't bash me, just trying to give my opinion. You know your kids, and you know your beliefs, if you think they'd like the music, Great! If you feel uncomfortable having them in that environment, someone else suggested getting them an icecream having them sit on the comfy couches. Or, if your kids are older, or you feel you both could handle being in that environment that isn't quite rated PG, then let them sit in for a while. Chances are they'll either get bored ater a while, or if it gets to explicit, its a cruise I'm sure you can still have fun, or theres also a good chance nothing will happen and you and your child will have fun on a 'family vacation' and enjoy the Piano Music together!

Archived