Anyone on Atkins?

stiffaney

Yiippee - It's Wednesday! 1/2 of my work week is over! And since I get Friday off..it just keeps getting better! lol!

Is anyone hosting Sunday dinner for Easter? If you don't celebrate Easter - what are you having anyway? :) I'll be making a brunch for hubby, daughter and I for after church - then my DS & DIL will come over after my son wakes up from a few hours of sleep - yup - graveyard shift! Then we'll have dinner and celebrate my DD's birthday too! She's in charge of dessert and she said fresh strawberries are in the plan - so I might even get a bite or two! If you want to share your menu - please do!

gooselace - I hope you can find a Cruise that works for you! I've done Carnival & RCI - I liked both. DH says that he thought Carnival food was better then RCI, but I don't know if that might have been because it was our first cruise and with the excitement of it all had his taste buds in over-drive?! lol! We were talking just last night though - we did the speciality dining rooms, one night on both ships and both dinners were really great! The Airfare is really the buzz right now too - we got our UK tickets in January - they did a little drop in Feb - but now our flights are going for a premium - so I'm glad we got them when we did. Let us know if you book something!

jocelyn- So sorry the gym thing didn't work out - But Good for you that you used your own equipment anyway! At the gym we used to use - I always felt a little awkward when the football team was using the gym, while waiting for the school's work out room to be finished.:o

I don't have my bike over here yet - but I think I'm going to just walk it and get away from the office for a bit this morning, and take Sadie out this afternoon, she really needs it! Last night she was so bored after we all went to bed - she took some of her stuffing out of her bed! :eek:

Pink - AWWWWWW What a cute picture!! We really liked Honduras...didn't make it to the iguana farm - but loved the snorkeling!

Tammy - Great first week!!!! Good for you! But so sorry on shopping for cars....ugh....that is not my favorite thing to do either! How'd the birthday dinner go? Yeah, when we have 2 days of crazy wind..it's not long before most places east of us have some pretty bad weather!

Have a great Day Everyone!

Tammy - glad to "meet" you - congratulations on your great start and determination. And to those who are are stalled or have put back a few lbs. a week or two back on the induction plan can kick-start your system. Especially if you keep up the exercise you're getting - at least when the weather cooperates.

Anyone who's been - how's the food on Carnival or RCI? HAL has been so good about accommodating my diet. "No sugar added" desserts and sf ice cream available at every meal. Plenty of delicous meat entrees. Costa has some good prices in the Med - cruised with them once in my pre weight gain days and well remember all the great pasta dishes and fabulous sweet desserts. Talk about irresistable! Can't risk that again.

Hi gooselace! Glad to me you too! I am very determined at this point to make this work, especially with the possible cruise in October. DH & I went to Walt Disney World in December '07 and all the walking really affected my bad ankle and my legs in general because of the extra weight. I don't want to have that problem in our ports because we love to venture out and about.

I have cruised on Carnival twice in the past and I believe their food is excellent, of course I have no other cruise line to compare it to. I do know that they offered a low calorie/sugar free dessert choice on the menu during both of our cruises. I have to say that their tiramisu was the best I have ever had, anywhere!

Just wanted to share our smoochy honeymoon cruise photo. This was taken on the dock at the Iguana Farm in Honduras!

Pink

Very cute honeymoon photo!

Yiippee - It's Wednesday! 1/2 of my work week is over! And since I get Friday off..it just keeps getting better! lol!

Is anyone hosting Sunday dinner for Easter? If you don't celebrate Easter - what are you having anyway? :) If you want to share your menu - please do!

Tammy - Great first week!!!! Good for you! But so sorry on shopping for cars....ugh....that is not my favorite thing to do either! How'd the birthday dinner go? Yeah, when we have 2 days of crazy wind..it's not long before most places east of us have some pretty bad weather!

I'm right there with you being 1/2 way through the work week and having Friday off! We have an appointment with a dealership Friday morning to test drive 2 more vehicles (Ford-Escapes-'06 & '07). DH is thinking we may just keep our old one ('01 Escape) instead of him getting a new vehicle and just getting a trailer to haul mulch and other things he would use a pick-up for.

We are not hosting Easter dinner however we are taking my FIL for Easter brunch with DH's siblings and their spouses. Yeah, no cooking and a variety of Atkins friendly food choices!

The birthday dinner went great, I ended up getting the Deluxe Italian Salad with Pepperoni. Very delicioso! Thanks for asking! So yeah, that darn wind of yours is sending snow our way for tomorrow. We are not happy campers here in WI as we have had enough snow for the season and do not want anymore! My snow crocuses are starting to pop, along with my lilies, I hope the cold and snow do not hurt them!

Have a great day everyone!

Hi Gang,

Well I am still on track and I am down (unofficially) a few, I had to peek:D I did the treadmill and a few situps yesterday and I am feeling good. No big deal about the gym, just thought it was the craziest thing I have ever seen at a gym LOL:D

Oh, BTW, I don't know if any of you have tried this yet, but I found a product to add to my water to make it better, It is SPLENDA FLAVOR ACCENTS and it is really good and one 1 carb per packet.

We still don't know what to do for Easter, we usually go to brunch but it is a brunch buffet and alot of the stuff contains sugar (ham, sweets) or starches and I really don't want to spend $20 for an omlete, so we might go to dinner instead, where still TBD.

Tammy, great job on the loss!!! It is so motivating isn't it? And Happy Birthday.

Hey Jean, I second that TGIalmostF My business partner is coming back from a short vaca tomorrow and I can't wait, seems like all heck breaks loose here when one of us is gone:eek:

Hey Gooselace, I also love Princess (my first) but I have tried Royal and the food is good esp in the specialty restaurants.

Pink, cute photo and congrats on your marriage.

Good Morning Everyone!

Well I sort of celebrated my birthday a little early last night and ended up having 3 glasses of wine, YIKES! I'm worried about my weigh-in now on Saturday morning, what can I say, I'm addicted to wine. I know we should not have alcohol during the Induction period but it was just one of those days! Plus I spent the evening baking cookies, brownies and cutting veggies for my treat to bring into work (everyone brings in birthday treats). However I do get "brownie" points (no pun intended) because I did not eat one cookie or brownie.

Tonight I wanted to go to our local Mexican restaurant where they have Mariachi that plays every Thursday & Friday evenings, I love Mariachi. I'm not sure yet what I am going to order, but I will definitely try to stay on track. The key word is "try".:p

I hope everyone is having a great day so far!

Good Morning Everyone!

Well I sort of celebrated my birthday a little early last night and ended up having 3 glasses of wine, YIKES! I'm worried about my weigh-in now on Saturday morning, what can I say, I'm addicted to wine. I know we should not have alcohol during the Induction period but it was just one of those days! Plus I spent the evening baking cookies, brownies and cutting veggies for my treat to bring into work (everyone brings in birthday treats). However I do get "brownie" points (no pun intended) because I did not eat one cookie or brownie.

Tonight I wanted to go to our local Mexican restaurant where they have Mariachi that plays every Thursday & Friday evenings, I love Mariachi. I'm not sure yet what I am going to order, but I will definitely try to stay on track. The key word is "try".:p

I hope everyone is having a great day so far!

Hi Tammy,

I love wine too...it is so delish, and I think you did great by not eating the treats, great willpower! Mexican can be ok, just get the fajitas no tortillas. Have a great time and let us know how it went.

Also, just saw your other post, the Splenda Flavor Accents are exactly like Crystal Light except, when I drink Crystal Light I get this kind of scratchy-ness in my throat that I didn't get with the Splenda. I tried the Raspberry and it was DELISH!:D

Hi Gang,

Well I am still going strong with Induction and I think my energy finally kicked in :) Last night we had Eggplant that I fried with an egg batter(no flour just egg and heavy cream) then I made a baked eggplant parm with crumbled sausage sauce all I can say is wow, yumm! If you all want the recipe I will post it.

I also got a new piece of excercise equiptment....a hoola-hoop! I read a post on another thread how the person did not like doing crunches (right there with ya LOL) and decided to get a hoola-hoop. I did it last night for about 15min straight (once I got the hang of it again:D ) and it was soooo much fun. And I can tell you that you really feel it esp in your arm and hips when your doing it, and today I can feel it in my abs.

Hi Jean, where are you girl? How's the wind.:eek:

Hi Annie, how you doing?

Hi gooselace, & pink.

Hey Donnapumpkin, you still out there?

Hi anyone I missed.

Hi Tammy,

Mexican can be ok, just get the fajitas no tortillas. Have a great time and let us know how it went.

Also, just saw your other post, the Splenda Flavor Accents are exactly like Crystal Light except, when I drink Crystal Light I get this kind of scratchy-ness in my throat that I didn't get with the Splenda. I tried the Raspberry and it was DELISH!:D

Fajitas sound good, but I'm gonna miss the tortillas, not to mention chips & salsa! There is a dish they also make, it's got slice green & yellow peppers with grilled shrimp on the peppers and melted mozza cheese melted on top. Very yummy!

Hi Gang,

Well I am still going strong with Induction and I think my energy finally kicked in :) Last night we had Eggplant that I fried with an egg batter(no flour just egg and heavy cream) then I made a baked eggplant parm with crumbled sausage sauce all I can say is wow, yumm! If you all want the recipe I will post it.

I also got a new piece of excercise equiptment....a hoola-hoop! I read a post on another thread how the person did not like doing crunches (right there with ya LOL) and decided to get a hoola-hoop. I did it last night for about 15min straight (once I got the hang of it again:D ) and it was soooo much fun. And I can tell you that you really feel it esp in your arm and hips when your doing it, and today I can feel it in my abs.

Me, me! I want the recipe, it sounds awesome. Wow, a hoola-hoop, who'd of thought?! I think I know what I am going to purchase this weekend, especially since I am not a fan of crunches either. Thanks so much for the great tips!

Hey Kiddos!

So, today I decided to take a brisk walk over to the plant for my meeting - wow were my hands cold by the time I got there! I loved the walk though and it gave me time to put my thoughts together so I was in control of the meeting - there's some shifting with people and scope of work and I needed to put it so that no one was feeling like they were being stuck with all of the work.......whew...glad that one was over - - did ya all feel the THUNK when they fell out of their Chairs!!?? :eek: LOL!!

What it really means is that their going to have to work....hmmm what an idea!:rolleyes:

Ok, enough of that - but then I went another 1/4 mile to the next building and had another meeting. DH got off work early and picked me up for lunch - then I had him bring me back to the office....I knooow, I cheated on the walk because I didn't walk back ...but I promise to take Sadie out after I get home! ok!!:D

Tammy....Yes the fajitas are so great! And a Big Happy Birthday wish to you!! :D (picture party hat on top!) hehe

Jocelyn ... Here I am! :p Yeah.. your used to my early morning posts...and I didn't make it today! LOL! Your doing soooo great - now you motivate me!!(bowing) Hoola Hoop...ugh I couldn't make one of those work when I was a kid, what would make me think it would whoosh shoosh around my middle NOW!? LOL!! It'd just give Sadie one more reason to attack me!:eek: .... not really...but she'd sure have that 'Have you lost your Mind' look while she was watching me! ha ha

I think I'll give the rake, shovel & hoe a work out this weekend with yard work and then think about the hoola hoop...

Ok here it is

Eggplant Parm w/ Sausage Sauce

Sauce:

Extra Virgin Olive Oil

6 Sweet Italian Sausage

1 Box of Crushed Tomatoes (I used Luigi Vitalli 1 carb per 1/2 cup but Pomi works too)

3 Cloves of garlic (whole)

Fennel Seeds crushed (optional to taste)

Black Pepper

I didn't add salt but you can

Eggplant:

1 Eggplant sliced thin

2 eggs

1/8 cup Heavy Cream

Tbsp Grated Parmegan Cheese

Pepper

1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese

Oil to fry Eggplant in

Heat a skillet with some olive oil so the sausage doesn't stick;) . Remove the sausage from the casing and mash until it crumbles, let it cook until browned. Then add the garlic and let it cook for about 2 min, then add the tomatoes and crushed fennel & pepper to taste. Low to a simmer.

While thats cooking, Heat a skillet w/ enough oil to fry. Preheat oven to 450.Mix the eggs, cream, parm cheese (not Mozz), and pepper to make an egg dip. Dip eggplant to fully coat and fry until golden, drain on paper towel. After it's all fried (and hopefully hubby didn't eat it all:D ) Place a layer of fried eggplant in a casserole dish, add a layer of the sausage sauce then 1/2 of the mozz cheese. Then repeat layers. Bake for 7 minutes just to let the flavors meld then broil for 2 minutes. Enjoy.

It sounds like a lot, but I did this last night after work and it took me an hour tops and that is only b/c I was frying the eggplant in a small skillet that only fit 2 pieces at a time :rolleyes: LOL

Hey Jean,

You're right, I am used to seeing your posts in the morningLOL:D You don't need motivation to excercise, you are always out there doing something and it sounds like you had a good walk.;)

As for the hoola-hoop, I bought one that is filled with liquid and it says that it helps to keep the hoop up. I got it in Target. It took a few tries but then it was great. I think the water really did help.

Hi Gang,

Just found this link on the internet that RC Cola is now sweetened with Splenda! I can't wait to try it. Here is a link to there website.

http://www.rccolainternational.com/brands_dietrc.aspx

Re: I just re-read the link and it says "in many countries" so I hope that includes the US, I'll have to check the label.

Hey All,

I'm having a rough week. My waist is up 3 inches, my weight dropped a half pound (finally) then went up 2 lbs the next day (I'm quite sure it's water weight) and I'm a week late for...ugh...well, you know... ugh!!!!! It's so hard to stick to the plan when you're a ravenous chocolate monster! But I have done well :)

Hubby and I celebrated easter with eggs and sausage (and a yummy namebrand green tomatillo sauce) with a bit of sour cream and some kerrygold cheese leftover from the Irish sale a week ago at the grocery store :) We also broke out the Lindt choc bars we picked up in Providence at the store last week. Mine was 99%. The first bite tasted like chalk. The second and third washed down uneventfully with water. Today's 3 pieces were easier. I would never buy another one but I think I can finish this one. I prefer a bit more sugar in my dark chocolate I guess...60-80%. His of course had some sort of rich dessert yummy inside it. HMMPH!

I wanted to share a few cookbooks I flipped thru recently. They are "biggest loser" sponsored. I never actually saw the show but know its very popular among those with t.v. We only rent movies... but anyway, I was going through the first cookbook at work during my lunch break and I saw a lot of recipes leaning towards low-carb. At Barnes and Noble this week I picked up the newest one they released (for those who have 20 lbs or less to lose and "want to be ripped in 30 days"). It's very intensive. But it has 3 specific eating plans and one of them is geared towards Atkins folk. It also warns that NOBODY should eat white sugar/flour/corn syrup if they want to be "ripped" in 30 days. I was very happy to see her come out in support of a "low carb= healthy carb" WOE. The book has some great recipes you can try if you're interested! I have not tried any yet!

Also, a few other tidbits I learned from reading: salt can pack on major water weight so if you need to slim down quickly before a big event cut your sodium to 1000 mg or less/day.

Just thought I'd share. Just under 8 weeks til my next mini break on Cape Cod to celebrate our 1 year anniversary!!! Just over 7 months till Panama... ugh. I wish it would hurry up and be cruise time again!

HELP!! I'm looking for a deal for next winter (Jan 09). We could go for approx 7-10 day cruise. I've considered going back through the Panama Canal from Calif to see Nicaragua and Guatemala cause the ports look like so much fun that are shared but it may be too soon after our Nov cruise thru the Canal from the E. Coast. We could definitely do the E. or S. Carribean as well. Can't afford Australia/Asia. We got a card from NCL that says we'll get a room upgrade if we book by September on a ship... we will be on princess in Nov and could get something free if we book another Princess cruise... I just haven't seen anything I like. Would like to spend $700-1100/pp. Any suggestions???

Thanks,

Pink

Good Morning! Well, it's a Monday for sure!

I came in to fire up my computer...and my wireless mouse wouldn't work, so after playing with it for a bit....AH HA! The batteries were dead. Go to the drawer where the batteries are - Out! Empty! Nothing! .:mad: ....yeah...it's Monday! Over to Walgreens to get some more - I have to have a mouse! :rolleyes:

I've been off since Friday - and man my jeans are tight! ugh.... To MUCH weekend - how in the heck am I going to make it on a 2 week vacation - in 7 weeks?! Back to induction this morning! And anything I shouldn't eat but find that it has magically jumped in my hand.....I'll... I'll.... I'll give it to Sadie!!! LOL!!!

I'll confess.......when I was at Walgreens...wow...that shelf of 50% off of all the left over Easter Chocolate,:eek: it was tempting - BUT I'd been successful with a whole 2 hours of inductions :o - I couldn't quit now! .....AAARRRG!! Get me outta that store!!!

Pink - Good post on the 'get ripped' books! And a great reminder on the sodium... I love salty things - but have to watch it!! (Sugar/corn syrup is on sale at Walgreens for 50% off! lol!) Good job on your Dark healthy Chocolate!

Jocyeln - How's the Hoop going!?! whoosing it up in your living room? What do your cats think of that!? The eggplant sounds yummy! I printed your post!

Yesterday along with ham, deviled eggs - I cooked aspargus in olive oil, a bit of butter and then sprinkled some garlic powder & salt - toss, and then some parmasen (?) cheese and tossed again - it was sooo good!

Ok, now that my mouse is working..I better get busy too..

Hello Everyone!

I hope you all had a great Easter! I had a good one, unfortunately it was loaded with carbs, not good. On the night of my birthday we went to a Mexican restaurant, to wich I received great advice from Jean about fajitas and instead I picked shrimp enchiladas made with corn tortillas, then I ordered a margarita. Needless to say it continued on a downward spiral the rest of the weekend and I allowed myself to eat many, many, many carb laden foods.

I don't feel terrible this morning, you know that carb bloat you can feel after "carbing out" so that made not feel quite so guilty. And I'm back on track with my eating today and ready to do some working out this evening. I will definitely have to maintain the 20 carbs or less Induction this week and hopefully get myself back into ketosis by the end of the week.

Jocelyn: Thanks so much for the recipe. I printed it out this morning and cannot wait to try it.

Pink: Good luck planning your trip, hope you get that deal your looking for. For my past cruises I have always had luck getting a discount by booking 2 months before the trip. I know that makes some people nervous to book that close, but it worked for us. Of course you also have the option of calling them if you see your cruise price go down so it can be adjusted. Just a thought.

Hey Gang,

I am back on track after having a few mamosas & a small slice of SF choc/rasp cheesecake with Easter Brunch, but besides that I did really well and I gave myself the pass as it was Easter and besides those 2 things I really tried to stay on plan this weekend. My mom decided to cook Brunch so I made a roast beef and gooselace's crustless quiche (love that quiche) with canadian bacon, swiss and mushrooms yummy!

I have been drinking my water (a biggie for me) and taking some more supplements that really gives me some great energy(not diet pills, wheat grass and stuff). And believe it or not I am actually looking forward to getting back on the treadmill today! I have to stay on track, I told Ed between our Anniversary next month, the parties we were already invited to and the Yankee games I am going to really have to plan my meals so I don't fall off the wagon (again):D

Hi Jean, Good job on leaving the candy in Walmart...not easy b/c if your anything like me I LOVE a sale:D Thanks for the asparagus recipe, sounds yummy.

Hey Pink, I am always so torn when it comes to picking something. I haven't even begun to look at next year yet as I am still debating if I should change my Sept NCL cruise to an Oct Princess. DH says no way but I don't know:confused: Maybe take a look at Princess, I think their ships do a southern and eastern run that time of the year.

Hi Tammy, glad you had a great b-day.

Jocelyn

GO ON YOUR NCL CRUISE! We loved it. Of course, we haven't cruised on any other lines and we're looking forward to Princess this Nov but please give it a shot and see if you love it too. It sounds like "freestyle 2.0" is going to be filled with lots of exciting additions. We are really looking forward to another NCL cruise...

Tammy,

I think if I can self-restrain from booking I would like to go on our cruise in Nov and then book another in late Nov for Jan once we get home. By then airfares and cruise fares will be posted and we can pick something up according to the time off I've been given at work. It's just so frustrating when it's the 1 thing I really look forward to and planning is half the fun for me. I think I belong in management...budgets, goal setting, long-range planning.... ha ha.

Jean,

We went to the grocery store today and were seeking Easter candy deals (only dark choc for me of course) but there were none! The shelves were empty except for peeps. Now granted, they are my faves and I love em! But I didn't even want them today...I guess I used to love them. I was shocked there was NO CANDY left in the seasonal aisle...just a few sampler boxes on sale. So hubby picked up a bag of oreos (GRRRR, put those on the top shelf, can't resist those with a lg glass of carb-laden white milk) and I picked up an 85% dark choc. Mmmm, just right.

Have a great week all... still waiting... but I did drop one of those evil lbs today... just waiting for a few more to go with it...

Pink

- I cooked aspargus in olive oil, a bit of butter and then sprinkled some garlic powder & salt - toss, and then some parmasen (?) cheese and tossed again - it was sooo good

This sounds so good, I am going to make it tonight for dinner to accompany the pork chops I planned to make for dinner.

Hey Gang,

I am back on track after having a few mamosas & a small slice of SF choc/rasp cheesecake with Easter Brunch, but besides that I did really well and I gave myself the pass as it was Easter and besides those 2 things I really tried to stay on plan this weekend.

I have been drinking my water (a biggie for me) and taking some more supplements that really gives me some great energy(not diet pills, wheat grass and stuff). And believe it or not I am actually looking forward to getting back on the treadmill today! I have to stay on track, I told Ed between our Anniversary next month, the parties we were already invited to and the Yankee games I am going to really have to plan my meals so I don't fall off the wagon (again)

It feels so good to be back on track, I'm right there with you! Especially after my b-day/Easter fallout! And your right, water is a biggie. I definitely need to be more diligent about that! What are the "energy" pills you are taking? I have to get vitamins at the Organic grocery and thought maybe they would carry them. And mentioning the Yankee games reminded me that we are going to an exhibition game for the Brewer's this Saturday, at least I will be able to eat a bratwurst with sauerkraut (tradition at the ball park).

Tammy,

I think if I can self-restrain from booking I would like to go on our cruise in Nov and then book another in late Nov for Jan once we get home. By then airfares and cruise fares will be posted and we can pick something up according to the time off I've been given at work. It's just so frustrating when it's the 1 thing I really look forward to and planning is half the fun for me. I think I belong in management...budgets, goal setting, long-range planning.... ha ha. Pink

I know what you mean about planning, I'm the exact same way. I love planning for trips, as soon as one is complete I'm ready to start planning the next! But that's typically with just mine & DH's vacations. The cruise we are taking in December is with 3 other couples so I don't plan as strictly. I also help plan other people's vacations/airfare here at work and I'm big into Disney World also and help people plan their trips/intineraries to WDW too. A lot of people think I should have been a travel agent, maybe in my next life, ha, ha, ha. :D

Hi Gang,

just in the middle of laundry:rolleyes: and I thought I'd stop in for a sec to say hi.

Jean, I think between the hoola hoop and my "singin" along with the Ipod, my cats are never going to come out of hiding:eek: :D LOL

Pink, that makes me feel better about NCL, thanks. Its not that I think it is going to be horrible, not at all, I just LOVE Princess. Princess holds a special place with me as that was our first cruiseline and this is the first year that we will not be sailing her since our 2001. But I had to weigh that with going back to Bermuda and Bermuda won out:)

Tammy, Sugar Free Sheila has a website with all kinds of wonderful info and on her FAQ page she says what supplements she takes(always check with your Dr 1st;) ). Being that I wasn't taking anything:eek: before, I think the supplements are really helping me keep my energy up.

Hi Guys!

I am glad the Easter holiday is over and we are all back on track.

Tammy and Jocelyn....I know what you mean about the wine....I mean grapes;) Hey , it's the only fruit I ever get!

Tammy- the whole Mexican thing is just a fact of life:D When we go to Mexican I have to just let go and enjoy...hey, life is short! Glad you had a good Birthday and glad you are back in the saddle this week.

I know the wine is not allowed on induction, probably why I never make it the full two weeks:rolleyes:

DH and I have been walking our 2miles every afternoon for the past few weeks with just a few exceptions. I have been really cutting back on the carbs and have a total loss of 8.8lbs for the last 4 weeks. Not the biggest loss,but, none the less a loss. Like I said, wine and Mexican just happens:D

Jean-you are so funny! Sorry about the tulips:(

Ya'll have a good week.

Annie:)

Great to hear what you all did and ate - or didn't eat - for Easter. I have a terrible cold so only had cup of consomme. DH nuked leftovers from the freezer -Hunt's sugarfree sauce with Dreamfields spaghetti. Was glad to hear somebody had the cruistless quiche - first Easter without it in 7 years. Today I was finally able to bake the ham, and had asparagus and acorn squash as accompaniments. We did have a special treat for dessert - Breyers No Sugar Added butter pecan ice cream. Felt SO good on my poor raspy throat. Guess I should be grateful it's not the flu.

Hey ... achoo! All....achoo!! sniff sniff - Ok get it? Allergies are sooo bad right now! Hold on a second, need to get a tissue and rub my eyes so I can see the computer screen!:(

gooselace - sorry to hear about your cold! Isn't that great that your DH can at least put his own dinner together! Mine would just do carry out! But he makes his own breakfast, since he leaves so early, so I'm ok with that.

Annie - 8 lbs!!! WOOO HOOO! You go Girl! That is a loss and you should be very proud of your self for keeping up the walking AND watching the Carbs AND every time you stay strong and not give in to those temptations - IT'S Working! Do you email with Lisa - Rock N Soul -? I've been wondering if she's ok?

Jocelyn - Hoop It Up Girl! :p I have layed my iPod down somewhere and I cannot find it anywhere!! :mad: I'm just hoping that Sadie didn't find it so irresistable that she snagged it and I'll find it in pieces all over the yard - or worse she's buried it! I had the best leather/clip case that protected it and if she's got it - it's a goner! We are having some gates put in today and when they put the little white flags in the ground to mark where the poles are to go in the ground - last night guess what she brought in to show us she'd been playing with - yup - a flag!!:eek: She turned 1 on Saturday.

Pink & Tammy - How exciting to be planning, researching and packing for those trips! Ooooo Too Much Fun!

Tammy - Did you guys finally decide on a car? We've been shopping around for a few months now and finally found the travel trailer that we've wanted! And for 1/2 price! :D But when you add everything else all together - holy cow- it's a good thing we started off so low! But now we'll be pulling the trailer and taking off to the lake with the kids - in comfort! ;)

Busy day - but had to stop in and catch up with my low carb buddies!

Have a great day!

Tammy, Sugar Free Sheila has a website with all kinds of wonderful info and on her FAQ page she says what supplements she takes(always check with your Dr 1st). Being that I wasn't taking anything:eek: before, I think the supplements are really helping me keep my energy up.

Thanks so much for the website info, I will go check it out!

Tammy and Jocelyn....I know what you mean about the wine....I mean grapes. Hey , it's the only fruit I ever get!

Tammy- the whole Mexican thing is just a fact of life:D When we go to Mexican I have to just let go and enjoy...hey, life is short! Glad you had a good Birthday and glad you are back in the saddle this week.

I know the wine is not allowed on induction, probably why I never make it the full two weeks:rolleyes:

You said it sister, life is too short! You made me chuckle out loud about wine on induction and not making it a full two weeks. Thanks for putting a smile on my face!:D And congratulations on the 8.8!! That's awesome (no matter the time frame!).

Great to hear what you all did and ate - or didn't eat - for Easter. I have a terrible cold so only had cup of consomme. DH nuked leftovers from the freezer -Hunt's sugarfree sauce with Dreamfields spaghetti. Was glad to hear somebody had the cruistless quiche - first Easter without it in 7 years. Today I was finally able to bake the ham, and had asparagus and acorn squash as accompaniments. We did have a special treat for dessert - Breyers No Sugar Added butter pecan ice cream. Felt SO good on my poor raspy throat. Guess I should be grateful it's not the flu.

So sorry to hear about your nasty cold, hope your feeling better soon. I love Butter Pecan Ice Cream, I guess I never realized that Breyer's had a no sugar added version. That will be something I can check out after my induction or maybe I should wait until my ongoing maintenance at the rate I'm going!:rolleyes:

Thanks again to everyone for all the helpful tips! Have a great day!:)