Problems with UK PCC number for US booking

DarrenT

Has anyone had any problems booking in the US and using a UK Captains Circle number?

Not sure if it has just appeared, but there is a warning on the UK PCC site saying that you may not get your benefits by booking in the US... HIGHLY discriminatory!!!

Wondered if anyone has had any experience of this??

Hi DarrenT

Yes, I experienced this about 3 years ago. I recall getting a new CC number just for that cruise.

The following year the TA in USA declined my enquiry for a booking with Princess. She wouldn't say exactly why, but indicated "pressures" whatever they might have been.

Taking the air-fare out of the equation, I still maintain it is relatively cheaper to book via the USA. Additionally you can track the going rates for fares in USA, which is a privilege not available to us in the U.K.

This is touched upon in another recent thread with a poster wondering how the OFT in UK views this situation. I suspect that the OFT are somewhat powerless.

Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeers!

I'm based in the UK and have a UK CC number. I recently booked a forthcoming cruise with a USA TA and following advice on this board didn't even try to use my UK CC number (I understand I will get a separate USA CC number after the cruise).

OK I am not ratcheting up CC benefits but as I have saved over £800 on one cruise I am OK with it! If that saving is multiplied by future cruises I will book with a USA TA, I don't care about free laundry! I could afford to get all my laundry paid for umpteen times over, using the savings from booking with a USA TA.

Archived