Will this be noisy?

trout96

We are going on Freedom and the TA booked us on the Main deck right under the Main lounge? Is this going to be noisy? Also because it is a port intensive cruise will it be better?:rolleyes:

Will it be better than what? It depends. Do you want to see lots of ports or would you rather relax? If you want to relax and you decide not to debark at a port will you feel like you are missing something?

Why did you book this particular itinerary? Were you interested in the ports of call?

As far as will the room be noisy? It depends on what time you want to go to bed and what time the shows end. Our last cabin was above the karaoke lounge. Some nights we went to bed early and we could hear the singing. However, we were tired and the rocking of the ship would lull us to sleep fairly easily.

You know yourself and how you sleep. It might bother you and it might not.

:confused: I don't sleep too well, It is a Mediterranean Cruise. From what I have read many people will go to sleep early because the ports are so busy. I am worried that it will be too noisy to sleep after a long day.

if you mean your cabin is under the main show lounge, then i'd switch. there is still a late show. i had a friend with a cabin over the show lounge and she said it was noisy. i imagine the same would be true for under. as others have said, try to get a cabin with only cabins above and under.

Not sure why the TA picked these rooms. I don't think she has been on a cruise before???? I already had to explain why I wanted travel insurance at time of booking....she argued with me. Good thing I found this Place:D. However, hubby is threatening to disable the puter because of abuse...lol. This place is almost as addictive as cruising.:p

Not sure why the TA picked these rooms. I don't think she has been on a cruise before???? I already had to explain why I wanted travel insurance at time of booking....she argued with me. Good thing I found this Place:D. However, hubby is threatening to disable the puter because of abuse...lol. This place is almost as addictive as cruising.:p

I agree, i don't think anything she is telling you, is in your best interest.

Just give it awhile, ok, times up, you are now officially addicted to CC:)

As a rule, we try to always get a cabin that has cabins above us and cabins below us.

i try to do that too, LHP. I call it my "sandwich rule" "sandwiched btwn 2 passenger decks, nice and quiet", except you never know who your neighbors will be. they might be noiser than the lounge!:p

Edited for the following: OP go onto carnival site, pull up ships, click on Freedom, then deck plans to see how decks are laid out. you can see by faking a reservation on line which cabins might still be available. see if you prefer one in your current category over your existing cabin. if so, make a call asking her to switch.

I recently booked a cabin in the same area on the Liberty - we sail next month so there werent' many available OV cabins to choose from. However, I chose a one directly under the lobby area just outside of the theatre. We are typically late nighters so I don't think any noise would affect us.

On previous cruises, we have been under the Lido deck and the most we have heard was a few chairs being moved around but it wasn't loud enough to really bother us.

Have a great cruise . . .

Archived