Luggage question!

Mrs.G

Hi all,

I have seen people with plastic luggage protectors over their suitcases to protect from the grime from the belts at the airport. Does anyone know where I can find them? It's a odd question, I know...but I got a really pretty hot pink suitcase for christmas and I dont want to get it dirty when I take it on my cruise! I have found one place...http://www.luggageprotect.com, but they are out of the size I need at the moment, so hopefully someone may know another place. Thanks guys!

:eek: You mean they actually sell something like that:eek: I have a friend who took the plastic case that a comforter came in, she put her suitcase in it, and cut holes so the wheels would go through, and at the top for the handle. I thought she was being her redneck little self, but maybe she was onto something afterall:eek:

Hi all,

I have seen people with plastic luggage protectors over their suitcases to protect from the grime from the belts at the airport. Does anyone know where I can find them? It's a odd question, I know...but I got a really pretty hot pink suitcase for christmas and I dont want to get it dirty when I take it on my cruise! I have found one place...www.luggageprotect.com, but they are out of the size I need at the moment, so hopefully someone may know another place. Thanks guys!

I can see how this might be a good idea but not for your reasons i useally pack everything i own in space bags and then put them all inside a garbarge bag. Why you might ask ? All I can say is that I've seen a few bags fall off those baskets they use to load the ship and make a splash. Oh they were recovered thats why they have those nets in the water just below the line. But i for one don't want my clothing soaked and need to pay to get them clean again. Also most insternational flights have a machine at them for this mainly for security they seal the baggage and that way when you need to make a transfer you don't need to be harrassed as much but they still check the bag.

Hi all,

I have seen people with plastic luggage protectors over their suitcases to protect from the grime from the belts at the airport. Does anyone know where I can find them? It's a odd question, I know...but I got a really pretty hot pink suitcase for christmas and I dont want to get it dirty when I take it on my cruise! I have found one place...http://www.luggageprotect.com, but they are out of the size I need at the moment, so hopefully someone may know another place. Thanks guys!

Not to avoid answering your question, because I don't know the answer, but if you are that concerned about the suitcase getting dirty you should probably leave it at home for this trip and only use it on car trips where you are in total control of how it is handled.

Taking it on the cruise it is going to get thrown, smashed, and generally abused, not on purpose, but because the crew and porters have to deal with thousands of bags in a very short time. In addition the airlines are horrible about how they treat bags for the same reasons.

Have a fun cruise.

Hi all,

I have seen people with plastic luggage protectors over their suitcases to protect from the grime from the belts at the airport. Does anyone know where I can find them? It's a odd question, I know...but I got a really pretty hot pink suitcase for christmas and I dont want to get it dirty when I take it on my cruise! I have found one place...www.luggageprotect.com, but they are out of the size I need at the moment, so hopefully someone may know another place. Thanks guys!

try Stacks and Stacks...on line,,think I saw them there b4 Xmas..I got fab siut and gown nylon hang bags with 4" gusset for $20-ish..good luck, Bon Voyage

I like the idea of luggage protectors! One of our trips someone's wine must have broken because our bag got soaked and our stuff smelled like wine even though we hadn't packed any ourselves. I also like the idea of space bags inside. I do love CC for all the great ideas!:D :D

Archived