How Cold is the Water when Cave Tubing

Entley

We'll be doing a cave tubing excursion in March. How cold is the water; do you need a thin wet suit? I'm from Montana and you wouldn't get in the water up here in March without an axe to break through the ice and then a dry suit.

We'll be doing a cave tubing excursion in March. How cold is the water; do you need a thin wet suit? I'm from Montana and you wouldn't get in the water up here in March without an axe to break through the ice and then a dry suit.

Hi! We went last week- outside temp was about 90 and the water temp was about 72- actually quite comfortable and i am a big chicken! We are from Idaho so I know what you mean about water in March!

Also originally from Montana, so know what cold water is - although now living in New Orleans. Just got back from our cruise on Sunday. The water was a little brisk on entry, but after the initial little shock was very comfortable.

I hate cold water and was a little worried about this, but after the first shock--oooh--I was used to it in 30 seconds and never noticed it again throughout the trip. Like a previous poster, I'd say it was about 72 degrees. This was in December, 2006.

Archived