US Air Post Cruise San Juan Pier ????

city

Hi all,

I know this question has been addressed before but I thought I'd try again. Heres the question: Can we check our bags at the pier when we return from our cruise. Our flight is on US Air at 6pm and we would like to do some sightseeing in SJ without our luggage in tow....

I have been going in circles trying to get info... On my first call RCC said...Call US Air we don't know, 2nd call RCC was a little bit better and told me we only provide valet service for delta and AA and jet blue would be added in the future...We Don't do US Air and don't know if its available in the pier.. OK so now on to US Air... they told me after three different calls to three different areas No NO and NO again. I know I've read a comment or two on this board from people who have flown US Air and checked bags at San Juan pier.. Please respond and help clarify.

Thanks

I don't know if you can check your luggage at the Pier but we are in the same situation in April 07. I found out from other CCers that you can use Barrachina restaurant at no charge to store your luggage for the day while you're in Old San Juan. There are plenty of taxis right outside the restaurant when you are ready to leave also. You just tip the people Barrachina's for storing luggage. We are definitely going to take advantage of it while in San Juan. Here's the link:

http://www.barrachina.com/

I don't understand your reply about purchasing transfers from RCC. If I am going sightseeing I will be taking a cab sometime later in the day from SJ to the airport and would like to check my luggage and get my boarding pass at the pier after getting off the ship. Could you explain a bit more about your reply.

Well, I know that if you have transfers from RCI purchased 3 weeks ahead you can check your bags with US Air--no charge. If you do not have RCI air, then I am not sure about arrangements. We are looking for the paper that was left in the stateroom explaining it and so far it is still missing.

We didn't find out until almost the end about the US Air arrangements. I did find the paper for airline check in and express luggage and here are the requirements to participate: (at $10/pp)

1. your domestic flight must be American, Continental, Delta & United and connecting flights must be with the same airline

2. flights must depart after 11:00 am and before 11:00 PM on the day the ship arrives in SJU.

3. Your flight must be within the US

4. Max number of checked pieces per person is 2.

Archived