grouse mt on friday afternoon or saturday?

darcyj

just checking with any locals to see if it is better to do the seabus to Grouse Mt and Cap Bridge on a Friday afternoon or Saturday morning. (in May) Thinking of avoiding crowds if possible, long lines etc, but also wanting to allow plenty of time and not be rushed etc.

Same question for Stanley Park .

Thanks for your help!

You may want to have a plan that would allow you to change which day based on the weather at that time--it won't be much fun if there is rain or cloudy weather at the summit. Are you taking a "tour" with fixed times or going on your own? Although you can buy (discounted) tickets in advance, you could be stuck if there is no "rain check" clause. There is public transportation (bus) from the SeaBus terminal on the North Shore--it goes to both the Cap Bridge and G Mtn.

When I went in May 2006, there was still a little snow in shady spots at the top--real fun for a guy from San Diego!

Happy Travels

You may want to have a plan that would allow you to change which day based on the weather at that time--it won't be much fun if there is rain or cloudy weather at the summit. Are you taking a "tour" with fixed times or going on your own? Although you can buy (discounted) tickets in advance, you could be stuck if there is no "rain check" clause. There is public transportation (bus) from the SeaBus terminal on the North Shore--it goes to both the Cap Bridge and G Mtn.

When I went in May 2006, there was still a little snow in shady spots at the top--real fun for a guy from San Diego!

Happy Travels

all of the above for sure especially the weather and if the weather is fine in May it will make little difference to Friday or Saturday with the nod going to friday as best.

Stanly park...... busier on the weekends of course. But it's a big park and you are early in the season. Should be No problem.

... if the weather is fine in May it will make little difference to Friday or Saturday with the nod going to friday as best.

Yep, I'd agree. May weather here is usually great - mild to warm days, nice evenings. I would go up Grouse Mountain on Friday night and time it so you will be there for sunset; Vancouver is spectacular by day and by night.

Stanley Park - ooo... we had some horrific wind storms at the end of last year and much of the park was pretty much destroyed. Over 3,000 trees were downed and the damage is unbelievable. Some areas are still closed, so if I were you, I would check closer to the time of departure and see what's going on in Stanley Park.

http://www.seestanleypark.com/index.htm

Have a fun cruise.

Archived