Guest gift delivery problems

Tennisrocks

I attempted to gift some friends with a wedding photo on their 11/7/06 wedding in S. Africa while crusin on H.A. The gift was not delivered. I have called 3 times with no proper response. This makes me very angry, and not likely to cruise HA in the future. Has anyone else had this problem? The gift was charged to my credit card, and I realize I can go through that company, but I am disappointed.

Unfortunatly this happens on all the cruise lines. I'm sure other agents out there will agree with me...Many times I have had something sent to a clients room and upon returning home, I don't hear anything. I have learned to ask the clients now...and almost 30% of the time, the guests do not receive the gift.

We did get the gift on our recent cruise -- an OBC from our daughter but were never informed about it although HAL had specifically wanted to know how she wanted the card worded. She e-mailed them after Christmas and got a s response saying they would look into it but she has heard nothing more in the last month.

On my recent cruise to Mexico I had been given several gifts by friends. I knew about them all in advance. On my first day at sea everything had been either given to me or a letter telling me about it had arrived. Sans one thing. I spoke to Jun in the Neptune lounge and she said she would take care of it. The item was never delivered but a credit was given to me on my bill.

So seems this happens quite a bit.

There has been some mention of this problem on another thread.

The main solution seems to be to take on the cruise proof of credit, wine package, or whatever the gift is.

Anyone who books and pays for anything pre-cruise should be given proof of payment, which should be taken on the cruise to show to the Front Desk, if need be.

A T.A. can access the HAL page where any type of credit or gift is listed, and can print out this page and give it to the client. Many apparently do so.

Surprises are nice, but I would rather know and be in a position to claim the gift.

Archived