Food allergies/Carnival

adoptmom

I'd really like to hear from anyone who has had experience dealing with food allergies on Carnival. After we booked our Sensation cruise we found out our 4 year old has food allergies. Nothing life threatening but if she has alot of corn, egg whites or peanuts it could make for a really miserable trip. Thanks so much!

My DH is allergic to onions, which seem to be hidden in everything. Carnival was really great with it. We talked to our waiter the first night about his allergy and then every other night he told my DH what foods had onions in them and what was safe for him to eat. He spoke with the chef each day to make sure he had correct info to give my DH.

You can call Carnival's special services number, I think it is under the FAQ section of their website, and ask to speak to someone about food allergies and also speak with your waiter the first night. Most of them are more then willing to help out.

Carnival Marti Gras

Carnival Festivale

Carnival Carnivale

Carnival Tropicale

Premier Cruiselines 1987

Fascination 1/6/01 southern caribbean

Sensation 12/9/01 western caribbean

Carnival Destiny 5/5/02 southern caribbean

Carnival Paradise 2/23/03 exotic western caribbean

Carnival Pride 9/28/03 mexican riviera

Thanks so much for responding! I tried to call Carnival the other day but when they transfered me to medical they were so swamped that I got the voice mail and it was full too. I figured I'd call this week after the Spring break swarm was over. We leave May 10 so I'm glad to hear that they were so good about that.

We are sailing on the Elation on May 16. My 3 year old also has some food allergies to milk, eggs, and peanuts. Hers are severe. My TA spoke to Carnival who said we need to check in with the head waiter and to NOT EAT the buffets. They also sent us a medical form to mail or fax back to them. They will also have extra soy milk for her. I've heard from other parents who sailed with FA's and haven't had any problems.

I also talked to Carnival directly yesterday. They also reccommended talking to the head waiter the first night. Since we'll be eating with her it shouldn't be too much of a problem. She's picky and won't eat alot of things like eggs anyway. We've also gotten her in the habit of asking about corn and peanuts.

I'm actually more concerned about Camp Carnival. The kids are really looking forward to it but I'm wondering about the snacks. I will probably end up taking something to leave there for them to give her. I'll only have to worry about one actual meal because we're taking to older two to a dolphin encounter in Cozumel. The only things my 4 year old hates more than bugs are water and fish. LOL

Archived