RCI Dive operators in Cozumel and Caymen

Does anyone know who RCI uses as operators in Caymen and Cozumel for scuba. What was your experience with them? I debating if I should book my own dives or use the crusie lines operators. We will be there the end of this month on VOS. I'm on my own with the diving as the wife would rather just snorkel. This is our first crusie so not sure what to expect from a dive opertaor that the cruise line set up, but I can imagine a big boat, lot of people, and well used equipment. I'd prefer an operator with a smaller boat that is more concerned about my dive experinece than catering to the masses. Thanks for any advice

We just dove in Cozumel with RCI last week. We used Sand dollar Sports. This was our second dive with them and I would not hesitate to use them again. In Nov we had 15 divers on a boat designed for 60. We were divided into two groups, experienced and newer divers. Last week we had only 6 divers so we had a real small boat and one dive master. We have our own equipment so I can't comment on that but from what I saw it looked OK. We dove the Santa Rosa wall and than another shallower reef close by.

In Grand Caymen we just dove off the shore at Eden Rock which was really great. The dive shop is within walking distance of the tender and has everything you need. This area has mostly caves and swim thrus and not a lot of fish ( although there is a good variety). The bottom is about 45 feet and we were able to dive over an hour before we ran out of air and had to return.

Does anyone know who RCI uses as operators in Caymen and Cozumel for scuba. What was your experience with them? I debating if I should book my own dives or use the crusie lines operators. We will be there the end of this month on VOS. I'm on my own with the diving as the wife would rather just snorkel. This is our first crusie so not sure what to expect from a dive opertaor that the cruise line set up, but I can imagine a big boat, lot of people, and well used equipment. I'd prefer an operator with a smaller boat that is more concerned about my dive experinece than catering to the masses. Thanks for any advice

Booked on our own in Cozumel; used cruiseline's excursion in Grand Cayman. Daughter had MUCH better dives in GC, but not sure if that was the company or the condition of the area, because of still-existing hurricane damage in Cozumel.

We went diving from our cruise last March (Jewel OS) in both Cozumel and Grand Cayman. We (four of us; two adults, kids 17 and 14) were all new divers so we didn't want to be lost in a huge group of people on a cattle boat. We also had with us an experienced diver (brother-in-law) and three snorklers (sister-in-law, and 2 8 year olds)

In Cozumel we went with "Scuba with Alison" (scubawithalison.com). She has a small operation, 8 to a boat, and it was great. She tailored to our needs, dove with us and guided, while an associate snorkelled with the others and a third guy manned the boat. She took us to two sites, and because the snorkelling wasn't great at one of the sites, she went to a third.:)

She is very knowledgeable about the area and good diving spots.

It was a little more expensive going this route but well worth it to us.

In Grand Cayman we also went with an independent operator, "Indigo Divers". Also just the 8 of us. He was a little less accomodating (we wanted to go to Stingray City and he wouldn't go because the cost of the fuel to get there - the other side of the island - was too much) but we still had great dives with him. He and his associate both dove.

I would also recommend this outfit, but I wasn't as impressed with it as I was with Alison in Cozumel.

Have a great trip.

Our next cruise is Liberty in June and we can't wait!:D

We alway book our own dives, and have never had a dive with more then 6-8 people, and the 8 was when it's our family and our freinds family!

We use PapaHoggs in Cozumel (have done over 14dives with them) and either DiveNStuff or Neptune in Grand Caymans

Archived