Airport times for Grand Princess?

gbfan06

Hi everyone! I'm planning to take our family on the Grand Princess during Spring Break week. We've never flown into Houston before and I understand it takes some time to reach the port in Galveston. If we arrive (Hobby) at 1:15 (Sat.) and depart at 2:20 the following Saturday, would those times comfortably work for transfers to/from the ship? Since I'm making my own air arrangements, any recommendations on ground transfers for a family of four would also be appreciated. Thanks!

Bush Intercontinental is about 1 1/2 hr drive but Houston Hobby is about 45 minutes. Since you can board around noon, that time seems a little late to be getting to the airport. You would be cutting it a little too close in my estimation. The return flight should be fine though.

I agree you will be cutting it a little close on the arrival, but it might be OK if you hire a limo. It won't cost any more than transfers for 4 and you will arrive in style and much more quickly than if you wait for the bus to fill up. Check out the port boards (galveston, gulf coast departures section ) for recommendations and contact information.

The best advise is to arrive on Friday and treat the family to a overnight in Galveston. There is a four diamond (AAA) hotel (The Tremont) in the Strand a mere two or three blocks from the cruise dock.

Enjoy your cruise. We've sailed GP the last two Spring Breaks and had a ball. There were seven hundred kids on board. Nearly all from Texas, so they're well behaved.:)

You don't mention your departure point, but with a 1:15 arrival any kind of delay could wreck your whole cruise experience.

See the following web site for accomodations and other Galveston stuff:

http://www.galveston.com/

Just click on "where to stay", check next to Strand and enter your arrival date. If the Strand hotels are too pricey for you, there are lots of good properties along the "Beach and "Seawall" area.

Not, however, the Flagship Hotel!:eek:

I agree with Stevesan. The Tremont is a wonderful hotel. You can go out on the rooftop terrace and see the ship. They have a shuttle, gets you there in 5 minutes.

Theorectically, you can make the arrival flight on Saturday, but any delays and you will be waving bye bye to the ship!

Archived