Anyone ever done Eco Tour/Hike in St. John's?

allelect

We're thinking about doing the eco tour/hike in St. John's during the St. Thomas stop. Anyone ever do this? Did you like it? I notice that the whole excursion is 4 hours: 1:30PM to 5:30PM. How long does one actually spend on St. John's given the travel back and forth?

I did the morning version of the tour (8:30am - 1pm-ish?). The transfer on the boat was pretty quick to St Johns. The walk is 1.5 miles and interesting, not too challenging or difficult. The guide points out a few things on the way. Then you stop at Honeymoon Beach for about 60 or 70 minutes to swim. The guide will also swim you out to some of the reefs (and loan you goggles) if you want.

After the beach break, you walk to Caneel Resort (.25 miles?) and look at some of the old sugarmills and things there. Then a van back to the boat and return to St Thomas.

I'd estimate the boat trip is 30 mins? So your entire time on St Johns is 3 or 2.75 hrs? Hope that info helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Joseole555: I guess Princess changes the tour times to afternoons. We're going in March. Since Princess docks in Crown Bay now in St. Thomas, how did you get to St. John so quickly? I read posts on these boards that usually passengers must get to Red Hook to take a ferry, etc. Did you have a ferry directly from Crown Bay to St. John (Cruz Bay)?

Joseole555: I guess Princess changes the tour times to afternoons. We're going in March. Since Princess docks in Crown Bay now in St. Thomas, how did you get to St. John so quickly? I read posts on these boards that usually passengers must get to Red Hook to take a ferry, etc. Did you have a ferry directly from Crown Bay to St. John (Cruz Bay)?

Archived