Airport HELP needed ASAP!!!

Sue L

Does anyone know how far Bellingham Washington is from Vancouver? Mapquest say 1 hour 20 minutes. Is this realistic? What are our options for this commute? Rental car? bus?

It is 150$pp less to fly there but I don't want it to be a hassle any suggestions.

We are taking the r/t on the Serenade out of Vancouver and flying in from NYC.

Yes, Bellingham is just south of the Canadian border.

I got the following off of the bellingham.org web site

"Train:

Amtrak service connects Seattle, Bellingham and Vancouver, B.C. Two northbound trains depart Seattle: 7:40 a.m. (arrives in Bellingham at approximately 9:44 a.m.) and 6:40 p.m. (arrives Bellingham at 9:05 p.m.). Two southbound trains depart Bellingham at 8:35 a.m. (arrives Seattle at 10:55 p.m.) and 7:40 p.m. (arrives Seattle at 10:05 p.m.). Trains depart at the Fairhaven Station (I-5 Exit 250). Prices from Bellingham to Seattle: $33-46, round-trip. Bellingham to Vancouver: $26-$30 (U.S.) round-trip. For tickets, call (800) USA-RAIL or (360) 734-8851 (operated during the times the train is in station). Visit the Amtrak web site. Prices and schedule subject to change."

First off, I'm not an experienced traveller, BUT I'll give you as much information as I can since I'm from Vancouver, and I drive to Seattle quite often.

The drive from Bellingham to Vancouver isnt that bad, But bellingham isnt a very large city. Its not far from the border, and it will probably take atleast 60min to 1hr 30min, to get into Vancouver (depending on Traffic, which is horrendous during rush hour, which could extend traveling to 2hrs). It takes an average of 3hours drive from Seattle to Vancouver (but in no traffic only 2hrs and 15min).

You could rent a car, although I'm very unfamiliar in this area. And the train idea sounds good as mentioned above. My b/f (from Seattle) buses up to Vancouver all the time using Greyhound. Prices are fairly cheap, but the ride is LONG. Depending on what time of day you catch the bus, it could be anywhere from 3hr 30min up to 5hrs 30min.

Keep this in mind!! It looks like you're coming over during the busiest traveling season on the Pacific Northwest coast. Its British Columbia Day Long Weekend which starts on the Friday Aug 3. I can suggest flying into Vancouver. That will avoid the LONG waits at the border crossing if you're leaving from Seattle or Bellingham, and the annoying headaches while stuck in traffic.

I hope that helps! :D

Quick shuttle and Amtrak pick up in Bellingham. But it is a spread out city, so if you don't have a car, you will run up several cab fares. I stay in Bellingham frequently on my way Seattle/Vancouver. Your timeframe is correct.

I would suggest you verify car rental options and prices. Seattle/Vancouver is a common run with at least 4 companies offering one way rentals. It is bound to be far more limited out of Bellingham.

Archived