Is a 10:45 am departure from San Juan possbile?

lucyddr

We did not even get off the ship until after 10am, the dogs went thru the luggage 3 times before we were allowed to disembark.

The airport was a madhouse:eek:

I would not book a flight that eaily even if you plan on self disembarking, you never know what kind of hold up there may be.

I was hoping for that time, also, but so many CC folks told me it just wouldn't work. So now we are flying out at 3:55 and looking into a day pass at a hotel. Would be nice to just leave, but I don't want to stress out at the end of a great trip!

We originally had RCI custom air.....long story. But short version is we cancelled that and booked our own. Lots of reasons but main one was an early flight out of SJ..... we also heard "dont do it".

boy am I glad I listened to all the smart folks here on CC.....

We ended up with a 3:05 flight. We were about in the middle, timewise, as far as getting off the ship - did not have to stress about that.....

anyway by the time we got off, went thru immigration, customs, got a taxi and drove to the airport, checked in (thats an experience in San Juan airport), went thru security ( whew) we really only had about 1 hr and 40 minutes to wait before boarding our flight. We found some comfy sofas in the lounge and played Texas Hold Em with pretzels and had a drink (or 2).

Much nicer way to end an absolutely perfect vacation than to have to rush rush rush and stress stress stress about making an early flight. There is a reason the really early and really late ones are cheaper !!!!!!

We too had thought about a day pass at a hotel - but priced them and just not worth $100. for a few hours (not really a day) and as it worked out we really didnt have a few hours to spare.

Archived