Turner's Beach Restaurant

Loucat

We are still sailing on Radiance and went to Turner's Beach restaruant in Antigua on Tuesda. What a mistake. Lunch for 4 cost over $108.00 and all that we had were ribs ($18), fish ($16) and appetizers. The food was NOT good and the prices high for the poor quality of the food. We went there at the suggestion of Antiga Guy, so I would wonder about his information. He suggested going there for grilled lobster which sounded great. The lobster was $39.00. Antigua has a 15% tax on food at restaurants:rolleyes:

Wow! Thanks for your post. I will be there next week Tues. on the Radiance and on Lawrence's tour. He takes you to Turner Beach. Is that what you did as well? Is there any where else to eat? I'm thinking we will definitely need something after touring around and then being at the beach, but I am reluctant to sneak food off the ship after reading some of the other posts. Suggestions?

BTW - any other tips/info re: the Radiance or the stops? Would love to hear your take on things...

Thanks

Well I know you said you are going to Turners Beach - but I just had tell you .....

We rented a car and drove all over Antigua. We stopped first for a few hours at Long Beach and I just remember how great it was -

Nice sun, blue water, white sand and A REALLY JUICY BURGER WITH SOME REALLY GOOD FRIES AND A COLD BEER !!!! They have a few small "burger huts" right on the beach and after alot of nice meals on the ship and at other restaurants precruise and while in ports ~ it was a nice change to have a really good burger and fries. Only a couple of dollars too.

There is also a litte place in Cruz Bay in St. John called Woodys that has great burgers too :D

Wow! Thanks for your post. I will be there next week Tues. on the Radiance and on Lawrence's tour. He takes you to Turner Beach. Is that what you did as well? Is there any where else to eat? I'm thinking we will definitely need something after touring around and then being at the beach, but I am reluctant to sneak food off the ship after reading some of the other posts. Suggestions?

BTW - any other tips/info re: the Radiance or the stops? Would love to hear your take on things...

Thanks

I used Gordon as an agent and it was my decision to go to Turner's-not his! I did see Lawrence's bus in the lot so it seems this is his usual routine. Not sure of what to say in terms of what to bring to eat, but I wanted to let folks know about the restaurant there. The beach seemed nice, but not great.

We did Turner's Beach as part of a Princess Tour last year. Stopped there for lunch and a few hrs of swimming. Lunch was included in the tour price and the lobster was great! Had a few beers in the bar area to get out of the sun for awhile. Beer not over priced. Beach was not crowded and we had a most enjoyable day. Sorry you didn't like it.

Glad that you liked it. I posted to share our experience. There are always differences in opinions on everything:) For the prices they charged, service ane quality of food, I still would go elsewhere. We were hoping for grilled lobster, but I can purchase many lobsters and grill them for $39 per person:eek:

Were there any other items on the menu - more like snacks/appetizers that were more reasonable? Just wondering if we wanted something to eat other than a full meal that was overpriced!

Thanks,

Froufie

we went to turners beach Destiny Feb 11th - 18th still looking for e-mail from friends from Detroit we took fruit and food off ship every day never got stopped negotiated with driver went all day to several places :)

• 2 weeks later...

Loucat,

I am still curious about your cost for lunch. Did you pay cash or by credit card. The prices posted are not US $ but Carribean currency. My charge for lunch was $100 Carribean and that is what my charge slip said, but after exchange conversion it showed up on my statrement at home as roughly $40. Just wondering?

Archived