Splendour questions

Hey, just wanted to say I'll be on this cruise too! I am not sure if they have an all night pizza bar....hopefully someone else can answer that! I did hear they have some sort of buffet in the solarium, but I'm not sure of the hours!

I've never been on the Splendour, but I know the Navigator & Explorer were awesome! I hope you will love RCI as much as I do! :)

I have a co-worker who cruises alot ( for awhile I thought that my 4 lil cruises made me a old pro but since I've come here I see I'm just a newbie!). She said if I liked Carnival I will LOVE RC, I absolutely cant wait. Im taking my mom and its her first cruise so I got a junior suite for us. Anyone with pictures of the Splendour and may of the JS's out there??

There is pizza offered 24hrs a day from what research I have done. I think they might offer ceaser salads there too.My wife and I will be on the Splendour March 31. There is a cafe at the back of the Solarium pool area, but I am not sure if that is where it is served.

I don't think the Pizza is offered 24 hours a day, but it is available from about 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 or 1:00 a.m. (Something like that - my Compasses are at home.) It is available at the Solarium Cafe along with hamburgers and hot dogs. We are usually patrons of this venue, but didn't happen to eat there on our cruise two weeks ago. Room service is available 24 hours a day.

I just got off Splendour today - It was really a great cruise, but I did not have the pizza - others in our group said it was really good. When I went to the Solarium for food, they had hotdogs and hamburgers and yummy french fries. Most days at lunch they did a barbeque in the pool area, where they cooked ribs and more hotdogs and hamburgers. I will promise you this - you will not go hungry!! Food at all hours of the day or night. We ate in the dining room every night, my husband said portions were small - but for me, they were just right. I will try and post a mini review a little later, but if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask!

As previously stated, pizzas, hamburgers and hot dogs are served at the Solarium Cafe until 3:00am

Marianne - how did your stay at Harbor House go? I reported back to the Galveston hotel thread with our experience but don't know if you got a chance to see it before you left. You can reply back to the Galveston hotel question thread to keep this thread on topic, if you like. :)

Marianne

We are leaving on the Splendour in 8 days and really looking forward to it. You mentioned that they set up a grill in the pool area. Was this only on sea days or was it part of the Windjammer's every day luncheon ? We did not see this on the Rhapsody. Is it mentioned in the daily Compass ?

Thank you for any information..

Tina

Marianne

We are leaving on the Splendour in 8 days and really looking forward to it. You mentioned that they set up a grill in the pool area. Was this only on sea days or was it part of the Windjammer's every day luncheon ? We did not see this on the Rhapsody. Is it mentioned in the daily Compass ?

Thank you for any information..

Tina

We were on the Splendour Jan 29. Never saw a grill in the pool area. They had a buffet pool side, with BBQ, but they did not cook it there.:confused:

Just got off of Splendour yesterday. There is pizza (several types) available 24/7 via the free room service menu. (Tip one or two dollars when they bring it--order as much as you wish). Also the cafe near the solarium had it every evening along with burgers and hotdogs and fixings.

I know for sure the barbeque was set up on the last sea day, portside by the pool. We went to the Windjammer that day, entered on starboard side, never noticed the barbeque - came out of Windjammer on portside, and said - darn....... those ribs looked great, and the coleslaw looked even better - had we known before going into the Windjammer then I could report on the taste, but they looked and smelled really good.icon11.gif

Archived