food and drink pricing

Jennyfer

Hello, I am going to take my first cruise ever, and the ship will be the Noordam to Alaska. I am very confused about charges for food and drink outside of the regular dining room times. If you ask for room service meals instead, is it a new charge on your bill? I know alcohol is extra, but if you have a soft drink, coffee, or a snack between meals are those charges added to your bill? It would be good to know before I happily accept a bowl of soup or a coffee while on the lounge chairs. If this has been addressed recently, please feel free to steer me to that thread. Thank you so much, experienced cruisers!

I am very confused about charges for food and drink outside of the regular dining room times. If you ask for room service meals instead, is it a new charge on your bill? I know alcohol is extra, but if you have a soft drink, coffee, or a snack between meals are those charges added to your bill? It would be good to know before I happily accept a bowl of soup or a coffee while on the lounge chairs.

Alcohol, sodas, and espresso/cappucino/latte/etc outside the dining room are extra charges, but everything else is included in your fare ... including room service. Many people will tip the room service waiter $2 or $3, but many will not. If you drink a lot of soda a "soda card" can save you some money. (I don't know how much, because I've never used it.) Enjoy your free pea soup at the glaciers! :)

Archived