Golf Nuts

DH and DBinL are golfing nuts and I'm sure they will be desperate to get off a 16 day Princess explorer cruise of the Med in June 07 to have at least one day swinging the old clubs . Has anyone done this at any of the med. ports? If so what were the costs and was there any difficulty renting clubs?? On behalf of Arnie and Tiger thanks!:rolleyes:

DH and DBinL are golfing nuts and I'm sure they will be desperate to get off a 16 day Princess explorer cruise of the Med in June 07 to have at least one day swinging the old clubs . Has anyone done this at any of the med. ports? If so what were the costs and was there any difficulty renting clubs?? On behalf of Arnie and Tiger thanks!:rolleyes:

A couple of things that may help..I would post this on the Princess CC board if you haven't already,and I would Google the ports you will be in re golf courses and see what info you can find as far as open to the public,fees etc.I am going out on a limb here and say probably not to many spend a port day playing golf(maybe pre or post,but not on the cruise).There are several sites for golfing in Europe which would give you some idea.Good luck.

One of the port stops on our Med cruise in Oct 2005 was Villefranche from 8:00 am - 10:00 pm. We took a cab ~ $20 to Beaulieu Ser Mer 3 km from the cruise terminal. We rented a car ~ 60E at Avis (rented from the US before the trip and requested after hours keys drop off at the Artemis Hotel). We made a golf reservation at the Monte Carlo Golf Course - near Eze; which cost ~ $100 for golf and ~ $30 for the clubs. Okay course - not great; hilly; but an experience of playig golf. There was plenty of time afterwards to drive to Eze Monte Carlo, and Nice. Then we dropped the car off at the BSM train station and took the train back to Villefranche ~ $1.20. . monte-carlo-golf-club@wanadoo.fr. ; Golf Info: www.rivieragolfinfo.com www.golftoday.co.uk

Have a great golf excursion! :) YAC

Archived