Tequila Beach

Shockette

There are 6 of of us wanting to go to Tequila Beach, should we book online or just wait till we get there? My first cuise, I can't wait! One more week!

I booked online last November. Had a great deal, got an even better deal for this May. Check out the other TB threads here and you'll find all of the information you need.

We were just there last week. If you are the only ship, I would wait until you get there. We paid the $3 pp to get there ($2 pp to return) and once we were there paid $3pp for a chair. We did not get any drinks or food but there was a sign saying the day pass was $20 pp. Our tablemates were there and did get the day pass (from a booth at the pier) for $25 pp. I am not sure if that included transportation.

Not sure if the prices go up if there are other ships in port. If you dont know which ships will be there on your day, do a search on this web site. There are lots of threads with how to get that info.

Not that you asked but if you are going to jetski be careful. My husband was 'bumped' and it caused a lot of (cosmetic) damage to the ski. He didnt really pay much attention to who did it. It was on the back so the jetski guys knew he wasnt at fault and eventually let him go but it was a tense half hour or so. Make sure you leave loads of room between yourself and other ski-ers.

Sorry for the repeats, my computer was having issues! Thanks for the info. Did you just take the bus in...someone said to get the taxi back to the ship.?

We were there last week. The driver stops at Tequila Beach first to let everyone off going there. The town is about a 5 minute walk away it you want to go there too.

Cjcruiser27, you take the bus from the port to Tequila Beach or the fishing village for $3 per person. You then take a taxi back to the port for $2 per person.

If it's a real slow day at Tequila Beach you can get the chairs for free. At least my son and I did on our cruise last month. There were maybe 10 people there. Our ship was the only one in port that day. I don't think they freelance it without the all-inclusive that much because the server appeared to make up the prices as we ordered. Then, when he brought us our food and drinks he told me it was another dollar for "tax." I just chuckled and paid him the dollar tip.

We also went into the fishing village, which is only a few minutes walk away from Tequila Beach. It only takes a few more minutes to walk the whole length of the village. If you like being harrassed by the vendors walk down the dirt road. If you don't walk right along the beach.

Archived