bathing suits

MAO

As for how many bathing suit you "can" bring, I would think you would only be limited by how much room you had in your suitcase!

As for normal, I think it depends on what you plan to do. We snorkel at almost every port, plus swim in the pools, so we take two swimsuits. That way you can rinse one out and hang it to dry and still have one to wear. But I'm sure there are almost as many answers to this as there are people on the boards!

My husband thinks you can bring 4! I'm not sure he even wore 2 of them. I brought 2 and would have done fine with just 1. We only did the pool once, a couple of beach type shore excursions and that was about it. I think next time I would still take 2, and maybe do the packing for hubby...

However, this is the man who also had about 6 pairs of shoes!

I'm going to bring three. I'm hoping to spend a lot of time on deck in the sun. If I go for a dip in the pool and then later maybe do a hot tub in the evening, that's two wet suits so it'll be nice to have a third dry one for the next day. I've got two two-pieces that I might wear under my clothes in port in case we go to a beach. Also, one in each of three styles: bikini, tankini, tank. That way, I'm covered ... so to speak. :cool:

Hi Myssie!:)

I heard your trip was great!! It's hard to get back in the swing of things especially when its what - 5 degrees below zero:eek: !!

Thank God for future cruises;) !!

I love this thread mainly because I love clothes and of course shoes (my weakness). As far as bathing suits, I just bought 2 more for our cruise which brings my total to 7 :eek: !! But I have to say last year I brought 5 with me & wore the all. So I don't think you can have too many.

Say Hi to LInda, I havn't had a chance to email her yet, but I will soon!

Happy cruising!!

Lisa

In the old days, I used to take a bathing suit for each day of the cruise. Heaven forbid that I should have been seen in the same suit twice...:p

I hope I have become more reasonable with age...:rolleyes: ...and so on my last cruise in October I brought 5 for the 9 days...better?

We have two 7 day cruises booked for this year, so I'll probably take 3...no, 4 for each. I believe I have about 15 bathing suits in total....just bought a new one today. I guess I didn't get the "shoe gene", but got the "bathing suit gene" instead.:D

In the old days, I used to take a bathing suit for each day of the cruise. Heaven forbid that I should have been seen in the same suit twice...:p

I hope I have become more reasonable with age...:rolleyes: ...and so on my last cruise in October I brought 5 for the 9 days...better?

We have two 7 day cruises booked for this year, so I'll probably take 3...no, 4 for each. I believe I have about 15 bathing suits in total....just bought a new one today. I guess I didn't get the "shoe gene", but got the "bathing suit gene" instead.:D

I am another one who likes a different suit for each day plus a cover up. Then I buy new sarongs in port so I end up with more cover ups than suits!! They don't take up much room so why not!

Well the problem is my teenage daughter who will want to bring every one she owns!

I personally bring 2-4, just in case I'm in a "mood" and don't like one one day:D

Thanks for everyones replys...I'll be sure DD sees this. She'll say "see someone brought 7 suits";)

Hey Lisa! I did have a wonderfull time....good friends make it all that much better. Hope your upcoming cruise is good. Can't wait till next year.

MAO

I find the hot tubs (which I do enjoy) are kind of hard on bathing suits, so you might want to have one that you are willing to sacrifice to the chemical gods....in addition to the suits you might want to take to the beaches or pool.

Maddle

I guess I didn't get the "shoe gene", but got the "bathing suit gene" instead.:D

yeah same here!!!!! i feel like i can never have too many.. and im still in that phase where i need like a diff one for every day of a trip LOL they dont take up alot of room so why not right?!? shoes on the other hand, i try to take as lil as possible and mix n match

I must have the bathing suit gene (and not the shoe gene), too ;).

I will take a minimum of 2 and most likely 3, but possibly 4. I bought two tankinis and I think I need to buy one more suit - a one piece, and I have 1 or two "older" suits that might work...

I absolutely hate putting on a damp suit. And like to have a change of pace, especially since I'm wearing a bathing suit every day.

But, for shoes, I bring one pair of flip flops, one pair of "dressy" black strappy, sandally shoes, and one pair of sneakers.

Even dh brings more shoes than I do - and he also brings a minimum of 2 bathing suits.

My question......How many bathing suits can one person bring??

How many is normal?

Thanks;)

MAO

Depends on you. I take two-but then I only go and swim for a short time-I do not lay out by the pool all day and tan. I always wash my suits out after I take them off-so I can use them again.

This fall since we are going to a cooler climate-I will only bring one suit as I guess I will not swim that much anyway.

Well this turned out to be quite the topic, if only I could get the same response regarding excursions in Jamaica!!

Seems everyone brings about 4 suits, seems right to me. I'll let ya all know what my DD does:D

MAO

Lisa, what are you planning for next year, what time of year? I always find Jan. weather perfect. Are you guys going to go solo or try and do a group thing? Your getting close now, less than 2 months:)

Myssie

Hi Myssie, I'm going to take your expert advise and only take 4 maybe 5 bathing suits! How about shoes, I only have flip flops for sandals do I need more corfortable ones? Night time I have 2 pr dress sandals for the night club & dinner do you think thats good? Mind you we went to liquor store Sat. & we need more room for all the booze;) (shhhh) so I have to make room because and I quote "you're taking way too much stuff, get rid of all those shoes!"

Your cruise is only 2 months away!! Is your DD getting excited? I am sooo excited I can't wait, wish it was next week!!:D

For next year not sure which route, I so love the Eastern Island, so I would do those again, but never been to the Western, but theres plenty of cruises to be had, right!!:cool: As far as when I guess Jan or Feb sounds nice, have to see what we can coordiate, as far as vacation schedules go. How about guys any ideas yet? I'll tell you what, we watched the Travel channel last Sun, they had a cruise marathon, RCC ships, they have the most awesome looking ships! Would love to go on one of theirs next. I have been spending alot of time on their website lately;) .

Take care & thanks for all your suggestions, they help!:)

Lisa

Archived