Guess I could swim the last 3 days....

Danno

Not to whine but...does there seem to be less and less 10/11 day cruises to pick from each year?? I know for those of us who travel some distance that 7 days seems hardly worth the effort and 10 day cruises have always seemed to be better value...even if the per day price on the ship was higher.

Danno,
I couldn't agree with you more. Looking at the schedules for post April 2006. The pickings are thin. Century 9 or 10, Galaxy 11 or 12, Horizon 10 or 11, Mercury 10 or 11 oh wait that's almost half the fleet doing longer cruises. I think what the problem is in no newer ships without going to 14 days. About the most time I can take off work at a time is 7 work days, so I have to book accordingly. That knocks of Galaxy and Century 10 days. Have done the Mercury 10 day. I am doing the Galaxy 11 day in conjunction with a holiday, that does a lot of the same as the Horizon. So I am stuck with the Century 9 days.

Even RCL is cutting down. The have the Brilliance. There are some special 10 day cruises out there, just have to look and jump. The best I've seen is the Jewel of the Seas 10 day Bermuda, Tortola, St Maarten, Labadee and Nassau. There is a neat 12 day Constellation out of Cape Liberty in April 2006 over Easter.

But I do agree, there is just such a laid back attitude on the 10 day. I come back rested and relaxed, where as on a shorter cruise I come back tired.

The problem I have is that all the plus 7 day cruises (except for Europe) seem to be during Spring and Fall when my son is in school. There's a nice 11 day Galaxy next April, but I would have to pull him out of school for 3 days and I'm totally against doing that just to go on vacation.

They also have some nice 12 day cruises from San Francisco to Alaska but again they are in the Spring and Fall.

Basically, all we can do is Bermuda - 7 nights, Alaska 7 nights, Carribean (Eastern or Western) 7 nights, or spend a ton of money and try to do Europe.

There's also a nice New England/Canada Cruise in September/October out of NYC. I think it's 11 nights. I would die for that, but again, can't do it.

I would love an 11 night New England/Canada Cruise during July or August from NYC? Am I the ONLY one?

Anne Maria

I love the 10 day because I can go Fri-Mon thus really I'm only out of work for 1 work week (or so)...I would LOVE to take a 14 day cruise one year but when you own your own business time off is a perk I don't have...but there are lots of other perks :D .

Rick,

You mention a 12 day on Constellation out of Cape Liberty in April 2006. I can't seem to find any info on this cruise. Can you help?

Cheers!
Stacey

P.S. I agree...more 10 nighters would be great!

Danno,

I guess I'm lucky I've been at my company for 20 years (next month) and I get 22 vacation days and 2 floating holidays per year throw in your weekends and you can go away a couple of times a year.

We did 13 night Meditterananean last August, it was great being on the ship for 13 days. My dream is one day to do a Transatlantic. But again they are usuall in April or October.

Stace11,

It sails in Oct 2005 and April 2006. Charleston SC, Grand Bahama Island, Nassau, St. Maarten, St. Thomas with 5 days at sea.

I love this itinerary, I will have a tough time choosing between this and a 10 day from Boston to Bermuda, St Maarten, Tortola, and Labadee on the Jewel of the Seas

Tough choices

Thanks Rick. That's very similar to the 11-night on Galaxy I went on last November out of Baltimore. It was a great time! The 10 day Bermuda, etc. out of Boston sounds like a good one too. I'll have to keep my eye on it. Thanks for the info.

Stacey

Archived