Casual Dining Area

Solomom

I only eat in the casual dining area since I have an active 5 year old and it would not be fair to him, me or the other guests to go to the dining room. That said, one of the main criteria in chosing a cruise ship is the casual dining area. Which among the Victory/Triumph, Valor, or Legend have the biggest, most varied and most "casual" dining area? On the Majesty of the Seas they put tableclothes down for dinner. Which was annoying as my son totalled the table each night. If I wanted tableclothes, crystal and silver I would have gone to the dining room. Do they do this on Carnival Ships?

Solomom

I only eat in the casual dining area since I have an active 5 year old and it would not be fair to him, me or the other guests to go to the dining room. That said, one of the main criteria in chosing a cruise ship is the casual dining area. Which among the Victory/Triumph, Valor, or Legend have the biggest, most varied and most "casual" dining area? On the Majesty of the Seas they put tableclothes down for dinner. Which was annoying as my son totalled the table each night. If I wanted tableclothes, crystal and silver I would have gone to the dining room. Do they do this on Carnival Ships?

Solomom

Sounds like you will need at the buffet, dining room nice no table clothes and you can always take the meal outside by the pool to eat

We were totally fine in the casual dining area even with the tableclothes but I felt bad for the wait staff. I was looking at the ship maps and the Valour, Triumph and Victory all have a grand buffet area but the Legend has stations such as deli, taste of the nations, asian corner, rotisserie and salad bar. How do the ships differ in what is offered and not offered? What does the asian corner, deli etc. on the Legend serve?

Solomom

We were totally fine in the casual dining area even with the tableclothes but I felt bad for the wait staff. I was looking at the ship maps and the Valour, Triumph and Victory all have a grand buffet area but the Legend has stations such as deli, taste of the nations, asian corner, rotisserie and salad bar. How do the ships differ in what is offered and not offered? What does the asian corner, deli etc. on the Legend serve?

Solomom

Asian Corner, asian (chinese) food. Deli - sandwitches (good too).

All these are available on the Valor, Triumph and Victory as well (the names are different).

Of the ships you mentioned, the Valor has the largest seating area for dining on the Lido deck, so it will be easieist to find a nice spot at a location that you like (near the windows, or close to the deli, or whatever.) I also like the diner theme to the Lido dining area on the Valor. It has a big colorful Rosie the Riveter mural and is bright and cute. The food options will be similar on all those ships, although the Legend and Valor offer sushi (not on the Lido deck) every evening from maybe 5PM to 8PM. So if you and you son enjoy sushi, that's an extra bit of fun. Room service is also an option, but if he makes quite a mess when he eats, you might do better eating somewhere where you don't have to sleep among the crumbs. . .

Whatever you decide, have a great cruise.

Archived