family of four w/kids allowed in two cabins?

nw2this

Do the cruise lines allow a married couple with 2 kids under 12 to purchase two cabins if you claim one adult and one child will be in each room? For the cruise I am considering it is actually cheaper to purchase two rooms for two people than 1 room for 4 people.

Yes, some cruiselines do, Also if you book an ajoining cabin or one right across the call or next door, you can book your kids into their own cabin without adding an adult to the cabin, this will also keep the sailing cards and door keys in order, if you do book you kids in a different cabin, make sure you go to the pursers deck after boaring and ask for a spare room key, just incasr of an emergency.

PLease make sure the kids aren't bouncing off the walls all night, this seams to be the biggest complaint people have when there are children in there own cabins.

Please don't flame me, but does anyone else think it's not the best idea to have kids under a certain age to have a cabin by themselves? I just think kids under age 12 to be a bit too young to be left in a cabin alone, even if it's across the hall. Connecting cabins is a different thing, but cabins that aren't connecting would give me pause.

Please don't flame me, but does anyone else think it's not the best idea to have kids under a certain age to have a cabin by themselves? I just think kids under age 12 to be a bit too young to be left in a cabin alone, even if it's across the hall. Connecting cabins is a different thing, but cabins that aren't connecting would give me pause.

Yes i totally agree. i always post on cabin threads because i do book my kids in a different cabin but my kids are older, 13, 19, 20 on our last cruise. When they were younger, we suffered in the same cabin or had connecting doors.

Look at the little girl from i think Scotland, security had talked to her parents a few times about the kids being alone, making noise and getting in trouble, the parents did not head securities warning the the girl is dead now.

We have cruised on NCL with our 2 kids (age 12 and 8) for the past 3 summers. We have all been in the same room.

Last summer, the cabin had 3 lower beds and one upper. It was very tight and we lost all of the floor space. Previous cruises it was 2 upper beds and 2 lower. For this year, we looked into connecting staterooms. We found out that you pay full fare (1st and 2nd rates) for 2 cabins with connecting cabins. It was more reasonable for us to book a suite that had 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, living/dining area, balcony, and butler. It also gave us the security of having our kids in the same suite as we were.

Good luck with your decisions. We think that cruises are great family vacations.

Our kids are 11 & 13 and the only time they have their own cabin is when it's connecting to ours. They are responsible kids (but I think kids will be kids). Anyway, on our first trip with them in a connecting cabin proved to be enlightening. We always kept the door between cabins open. One night (morning actually), about 2 am there was a knock on the kid's door and the person stated that they were security. Just our daughter and myself woke up. I went out OUR door to find a guy with no name tag on and definately NOT security. I asked what he needed and there was an instant language barrier. I called the front desk but to no avail. Just make sure the kids never answer the door unless the person on the other side knows the "code word". Just FYI. -Travelbugs

We are sailing on 4/1/07 on the Caribbean Princess in two cabins. It was actually cheaper to book two cabins than for all four of us to cram into one cabin. Our kids are 6 and (soon to be) 9 (the day we sail!). Our plan is I'll sleep with one child and my DH will sleep with the other. We are bring walkie talkies and the old trusty baby monitor to monitor their activity when we are getting ready for dinner, etc. The cabins are side by side, but we do not have adjoining cabins. This way, we'll have our "private" time, we'll have two bathrooms, twice as much space, and we saved a little money to boot! First and second passengers were actually cheaper than third and fourth passengers when we booked. We got a great deal. We will not allow the boys to sleep alone in a cabin, and we will establish a secret password for those knocking on the door. (Grandparents are sailing with us!) Rest assured, they will only be alone in the adjacent cabin while we are getting ready, and we will monitor them on the baby monitor the whole time! They will have their gameboys and DVD players to keep them occupied. :) Your best bet is to work out whatever you feel comfortable with. Not having 2 hyper boys under my feet in a tiny inside cabin for 7 days works for me!:p

Yes I agree too. But I guess that's not what they asked. They asked "can we" not "should we". :(

Do the cruise lines allow a married couple with 2 kids under 12 to purchase two cabins if you claim one adult and one child will be in each room? For the cruise I am considering it is actually cheaper to purchase two rooms for two people than 1 room for 4 people.

We have set up this very arrangement for our 11-night cruise on Celebrity later this spring. The overall cost was actually only $300 more to book a second cabin (and get that second bathroom!), and we felt it would be much more comfy for the four of us, especially considering that it's a 11-night cruise. We booked connecting cabins, so that door will always be open. There is no way that I would even consider putting my girls at their current ages (7 and 4) in a cabin on their own that is not connected to ours. A connecting cabin, to me, however, is just like a suite. And they will have instructions to NEVER open the door to anyone.

Linda

Archived