Waikiki - Which Hotel??

Aussie Gal

We will be making our first and probably our last trip to Honolulu in June.

If you had a choice of a hotel which one would you choose between, - the Royal Hawaiian or the Waikiki Marriott.

We are members of both Starwood and Marriott chains and we cannot decide which hotel to book. We are looking at similar prices for both hotels.

All you experienced Hawaii travellers out there, please help with this important decision. :)

Thanks

Jennie

If you had a choice of a hotel which one would you choose between, - the Royal Hawaiian or the Waikiki Marriott.

We are members of both Starwood and Marriott chains and we cannot decide which hotel to book. We are looking at similar prices for both hotels.

All you experienced Hawaii travellers out there, please help with this important decision. :)

Thanks

Jennie

I absolutely vote for the Royal Hawaiian, no doubts!

It was one of the first hotels in Waikiki, still looking beautiful, very well maintained, great location directly on the beach. (They have a private section on the beach).

A drink around sunset at their Mai Tai Bar with view over Waikiki is great as is their Luau on Mondaynights.

I have been a few times to Hawaii and I think it is hard to beat the Royal Hawaiian. (We had those drinks and the Luau again last March.)

http://www.royal-hawaiian.com/

Hands down: Royal Hawaiian! If you aren't into the cookie-cutter modern high-rise type rooms, book a room or suite in the historic wing. (The historic rooms are mostly cheaper than the high-rise ocean view rooms anyway.) The RH was on our list of "must do's" until this past December.

DH thinks that one of the reasons we were upgraded from the "cheapest portico view" room in the historic wing to a full two-room ocean view suite was that when I booked, I mentioned that DH and I don't care for the "same old, same old" high rise thing and only wanted to be in the historic buildings. The rooms have been redone over the years and are well maintained, but they are still old style (and the bathrooms are small, but functional). It was incredible! We had a separate sitting room with panoramic windows (which opened) that looked out over the pool, beach, and Diamond Head.

Oh...a mai tai at the Mai Tai Bar; I could go for one right this minute. That's a must do on any trip to Oahu.

beachchick

Thanks

Jennie

We have stayed at both and I would give thumbs up to the Royal Hawaiian :) , we are also Starwood members and we had the same choice. The hotel has a great bar area and restaurant right on the beach (Great people watching area). Also the Marriott is not on the beach, it is one block away. (Although the Marriott is a very good option and has a great location).

Hope you like Pink. :D

Archived