getting out of lobster??

bbkitty

this is kind of stupid, but i have read numerous threads about either the first dinner, or the first formal dinner (?) being LOBSTER. I am NOT a picky eater, but I don't eat lobster and it seems to be a big treat for others. I don't want to be high maintenance, but is that all the meal is on that night? I'm sure I could fill up on something else and I don't want to be ungrateful, but I also don't want the waiter or tablemates to be tripping on why I don't take advantage of this feast. any advice? thanks

this is kind of stupid, but i have read numerous threads about either the first dinner, or the first formal dinner (?) being LOBSTER. I am NOT a picky eater, but I don't eat lobster and it seems to be a big treat for others. I don't want to be high maintenance, but is that all the meal is on that night? I'm sure I could fill up on something else and I don't want to be ungrateful, but I also don't want the waiter or tablemates to be tripping on why I don't take advantage of this feast. any advice? thanks

There are many other options on the menu, its just that other than the Supper Club, you cant get a lobster any other time on the ship. So people that love lobster dont want to miss it. Its the first formal night.

bbkitty,

As I recall, there are usually three other options besides lobster; but there may be more than three.....:o

Lots of other selections.. I don't eat shellfish and I have not had a problem enjoying something else:)

bbkitty,

I'd also like to thank you for passing on the lobster; leaves more for the rest of us! :D I had a waiter try to kill me with lobsters one night. He brought me two, then two more and then another and each serving the lobster was bigger than the previous! I survived, but couldn't sit down comfortably for a while. :eek: :D

Now MY question is what would people think if I ordered 3 Warm Chocolate Melting Cakes instead of dinner?! ;)

Well, I don't know about other people, but I would think you were a very wise person who understood the value of chocolate! :D

On my last cruise, these were the entrees offered on formal night in the dining room:

Broiled Lobster Tail w/Melted Butter

Tender Roasted Prime Rib of Beef Au Jus

Fillet of Fresh Pacific Salmon

Whole Roasted Quail w/Herb Stuffing

Grilled Brochettes of Garden Vegetables

...and of course, filet mignon or broiled chicken breast if you wanted something not on the menu.

On our last cruise on HAL the lobster was served with a filet mingon. The waiter said he was not allowed to bring seconds of just lobster, only the combination of lobster and filet. I like lobster, but am not a lobster fanatic. My wife IS a lobster fanatic, as was another women seated at our table. I had my dinner, my wife and the other women had 3 lobster tails each. I had 5 filets!

There are always other choices on the menu, just as good if not better than the lobster tails. As others have stated, it's just the only chance for lobster lovers to enjoy their beloved dish. Thus, a big deal is made of it. No one will bat an eye if you choose something else.

On my last cruise, these were the entrees offered on formal night in the dining room:

Broiled Lobster Tail w/Melted Butter

Tender Roasted Prime Rib of Beef Au Jus

Fillet of Fresh Pacific Salmon

Whole Roasted Quail w/Herb Stuffing

Grilled Brochettes of Garden Vegetables

...and of course, filet mignon or broiled chicken breast if you wanted something not on the menu.

And don't forget the pasta dish. There is always a pasta selection each night that can be ordered as an appetizer ~or~ served as a full portion or appetizer portion for your main course.

Carnival now offers an alternative menu each evening that includes chicken breast, salmon, steak, hamburger and maybe some other selection.

On our last cruise on HAL the lobster was served with a filet mingon. The waiter said he was not allowed to bring seconds of just lobster, only the combination of lobster and filet. I like lobster, but am not a lobster fanatic. My wife IS a lobster fanatic, as was another women seated at our table. I had my dinner, my wife and the other women had 3 lobster tails each. I had 5 filets!

There are always other choices on the menu, just as good if not better than the lobster tails. As others have stated, it's just the only chance for lobster lovers to enjoy their beloved dish. Thus, a big deal is made of it. No one will bat an eye if you choose something else.

That was HAL. She's inquiring about a Carnival cruise. The waiter WILL bring seconds (thirds, or more) of lobster only. .....I bet you just forgot you're on the Carnival board?:D

That was HAL. She's inquiring about a Carnival cruise. The waiter WILL bring seconds (thirds, or more) of lobster only. .....I bet you just forgot you're on the Carnival board?:D

No I didn't forget! I was just pointing out the difference. I would MUCH rather just get seconds of what I wanted vs. what they think I should have.

You must be new to cruising. Boy, are you in for a big surprise at dinner. As others have said, there is usually a choice of several soups or salads and four or five main courses. Order as many as you want of which ever you want. Once you are through with this, then you get to make the all important decision for the night. "DESSERT"

Now I see how everyone double posts. Sorry!!

You may order as many of anything on the menu you want. Want all appitizers for your dinner, order them. Want 4 steaks, order em up. I know of a guy that had 7 lobster tails. Why anyone would want to eat even one of those dry, tough, iodiney, frozen tails is beyond me. Now fresh whole Maine lobster is a culinary treat, but frozen tails are like eating bait.

(ducks, runs, hides):D

Dan

Alot of people dont eat the Lobster, some dont like it and other are alergic to shell fish etc. Just hand yours over to me :D

Archived