hotels close to terminal (Long Beach)

corthel1

The coast hotel is very close and very adequate, you can even leave your car there, a much better deal than the QM.

Much better deal? The cheapest room that I could find is for $171.50 for one night at the Coast.

QM is advertised for 115.00. I would rather have an extra $50-60 myself, and for those of us flying in, we really dont need a place to park our cars.

Much better deal? The cheapest room that I could find is for $171.50 for one night at the Coast.

QM is advertised for 115.00. I would rather have an extra $50-60 myself, and for those of us flying in, we really dont need a place to park our cars.

That is a very good price for the QM. But I have also seen the Coast Hotel for less than $100.00...so do check out both. We did not stay at the QM, but took a tour and other than the historical aspects..I was not impressed.

Most hotels within a 3 mile radius of the port give a free shuttle ride to the dock. We stayed at a Holiday Inn 3 miles away and while the hotel itself was fine...the area was less than desirable.

I would stay as close to the port as I could if I were booking a room again.

Welcome to the boards Corthel from another Albertan. Don't be alarmed if your thread is moved, there is a board for hotel info. However the 2 closest to the port are the QM and the Coast. I have stayed at both and prefer the Coast, they have a shuttle to the ship and Long Beach provides a free bus to the downtown if you want to explore. Most of the chains have hotels in the area but can be in less than desirable areas, you can look for reviews of hotels at tripadvisor.com

There is a lot of the info you desire posted on the "West Coast Departures" topic area.

Seems you can get the Westin, which is walking distance to Shoreline Village that has a lot of restaurants, for about $70 on Priceline. Check out the CruiseCritic thread below:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=412919&page=4

Archived