Weather in April? Anyone know?

wendell62

Glad you asked this question! We are cruising in April as well. When checking the average tempatures in in St. Thomas and St. Martin, Im finding high 70's. I'm wondering if this is warm enough to book snorkling excursions. I always thought the carribean was warm enough to do these things all year long. Im so confused! lol. Anybody know if I should book these for the middle of April? thanks all.

Glad you asked this question! We are cruising in April as well. When checking the average tempatures in in St. Thomas and St. Martin, Im finding high 70's. I'm wondering if this is warm enough to book snorkling excursions. I always thought the carribean was warm enough to do these things all year long. Im so confused! lol. Anybody know if I should book these for the middle of April? thanks all.
yes, it should be perfect for snorkeling. NMnita

Gosh, yes, by April the weather should be terrific for snorkeling. We've cruised several times in Dec. and Jan. and it was always warm enough to snorkel. Unless you are very unlucky and hit unusually cool weather, no problem. We've never had a day in the Caribe less than the 70's--it's more likely you'll be too hot than not.

We cruised the Western Caribbean in early April and the weather was perfect. We snorkeled, swam, got sunburned. It wasn't so hot that we were uncomfortable and we only got one brief downpour in Grand Cayman. We ducked into a restaurant and had lunch. By the time we were through ordering the rain was gone and the skies were blue. Our ship did skirt around a storm, but it didn't hamper our trip at all.

Archived