Banana Ketchup question

Attack Dog

Joby, I just realized I posted this question on the wrong forum. :confused: I meant to put this on the St. Lucia one. Anyway there is a thread in the St. Lucia forum that describes Banana Ketchup flavour.

I went to look up the thread just now and apparently your the one that started it. Local specialties & handmade items? Anyway I look forward to hearing your opinion. Thanks.

We bought out banana ketchup from a vendor right across from the bontanical gardens for $2. She actually mixed it with hot sauce to make a dipping sauce for the food she was selling, it was amazing. Wouldn't you know that I bought both, they both made it home and the banana ketchup landed on the kitchen floor and broke!

• 5 years later...

Yes, I'm coming to this topic late, and I'm surprised its not yet expired.

You can get Baron's Banana Ketchup online, thru Amazon, or Ketchupworld.com My folks brought home a sample bottle of Baron's from the Bahamas one time...I don't know where they found it, since I've looked on my own visits to the islands...maybe from the straw market as it was in the late 1980's or early 1990s. My reaction to the concept was, well, like most poeple who hear of "banana ketchup" for the first time. However, I tried some, and have become hooked.

I've just now been looking for recipes to make me own, since ordering the ketchup online is a bit more expensive than finding it on St. Lucia (never been there, meself...)

Archived