Carnival/Cozumel question

adoptmom

Woohoo! We leave in 14 days! I have a question about Cozumel. Our 4 year old hates anything to do with water, fish, bugs, etc so we are planning to leave her in Camp Carnival while we take the older two who love those things to Chankanaab to snorkle or do the dolphin encounter.

I'm wondering though if it will be difficult or time consuming for one of us to go back on board (Sensation) and get her once we are done with that part of the trip. Do you use tenders in Cozumel? They did when I was there last time but that was in 1995. The pier wasn't even built yet.

I'm just wanting to plan how much we can accomplish in the day because I don't want to leave her stuck in CC ALL day. (though she'd probably be just as happy! We watched a video and she already has a list of activities 3 miles long that she wants to do.) Thanks!

Hi, we actually found a video a few years ago at our public library called Traveling with Children by Tina Vlerebome. It's a great video with a section on travel by car, plane, ship, train, and then hotel safety and international travel. The ship section is done by Carnival and has a great promo for camp carnival. My kids are having trouble deciding whether they are looking forward to camp carnival or disney more. LOL

If you can't find the video at your library you can find it at [url="http://www.blueridgestudios.com/familyfun.htm"]http://www.blueridgestudios.com/familyfun.htm[/url].

We check it out so often that I've considered buying it. We travel all the time with our kids and I still pick up new things when I watch it. I also use it as research because I'm hoping to write a book or series of articles for a travel or homeschool magazine based on our travels.

Well, I'm off to pack and repack. We leave may 9 and our cruise is May 10. I'm to the "I have to have something planned every day or I'll work myself into a frenzy state" now. LOL This is our first cruise but I love to travel.

• 2 weeks later...
We usually leave our daughter on the ship for part of Cozumel and take her off for part. No problem walking on and off the ship.

Fascination 1997 Destiny 2000
Victory 2000 Sensation 2001
Norway 2002 Legend 2002
NCL Dawn 2003 Inspiration 2003
Victory 2004 Holiday 2004

Hi adoptmom! You were kind enough to offer help on my thread so I wanted to add my 2 cents here for you!

We were in Cozumel just at the end of March and had no problem walking on/off the ship. We were at "Punta Lagosta" (sp?) pier. I believe there are 3 piers at Coz but none require a tender. I think you'd only tender if for some reason all 3 piers were full. At our pier, they had these guys pedaling bicycles that had a passenger area to sit in at the front (they worked only for tips). They went from the ship down the long pier, to the main street/shopping area that runs along the short. My oldest DD has had 2 strokes and has trouble walking long distances, so we used these twice. First went to Chankanaab for the day, came back for dinner, then went shopping. I don't think you'll find it too time consuming to come back & get her after Chankanaab so that you guys can have some fun all together.

Any more questions, let me know! Have a wonderful trip!!!!

Penny
Disney Magic~~Eastern 7/03
Carnival Celebration~~Western 3/04
Aug 1, 2004 Carnival Elation--Yippee, Our 3rd Cruise!!!
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;1;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600[/img]

Archived