HELP...any of you sail right after a port change?

chitown cruisers

I booked to go back to the Miracle and decided to take my parents. I asked this question before and only had one response, I'm hoping to get a few more opinions.

We are on the Miracle's first 8 day to the Southern from FLL...........this is after it finishes it's cruises from NY for the season and a CTN. What type of effect will this have on the crew? Will they be the same crew members or partial change? I'm already commited due to air fare purchased, so I can't change dates. I love this ship and hope that they will be in a routine so we won't notice any difference. I just wan't the others I'm taking to be as pleased after the cruise as we were after ours last October.

Any opinions/comments?

What type of effect will this have on the crew? Will they be the same crew members or partial change?

I love this ship and hope that they will be in a routine so we won't notice any difference.

Foremost, I truly don't believe it's posisble to have a bad experience on Carnival Miracle (my personal fave of CCL) and I'd enjoy sailing from any home port she's given. Since you mention you love the ship as well, I'm certain you are going to have a blast!

There will probably be no more crew changes that is normal for that sailing date. Crew contracts have a set end date, and the shoreside administration takes care of getting them home from wherever that port may be. And since there are no physical changes planned for the ship at the swap, the routine for the crew will be just that. . . routine.

For those crew members who occasionally have the opportunity to debark at the home port, they will probably be excited about the change of scenery.

I booked to go back to the Miracle and decided to take my parents. I asked this question before and only had one response, I'm hoping to get a few more opinions.

We are on the Miracle's first 8 day to the Southern from FLL...........this is after it finishes it's cruises from NY for the season and a CTN. What type of effect will this have on the crew? Will they be the same crew members or partial change? I'm already commited due to air fare purchased, so I can't change dates. I love this ship and hope that they will be in a routine so we won't notice any difference. I just wan't the others I'm taking to be as pleased after the cruise as we were after ours last October.

Any opinions/comments?

i hadn't really considered this factor (of a new crew via crew change) not being used to the ship, until you raised the issue. it's an interesting point, but think positive, any crew rotation will likely be done w/ experienced crew from other vessels. maybe even sister ships, in which layout is the same.

but, even if they do rotate classes, i doubt you wld see any disruption to service. the "drills" if you will, of their daily jobs/routines, are all the same from ship to ship to ship. so, i'm sure you'll be fine.

Craig,

We were on the Legend in October on the first Southern Carrib itinerary change from New York. The crew had a few days off before we got on board, they sailed from New York to Ft Lauderdale with crew only on the ship. Carnival let them have the ship to themselves and have a good time for 2 days. They were all exausted from partying when we got on! The first 2 days the crew seemed a little off kilter but they had some changes to deal with. The dinning room had a brand new menu which really threw the waiters off. All said, we still had a great cruise, enough to book the same week with you this next October. I wouldn't sweat it, I love the Miracle and I can't imagine a bad cruise on that ship.

Tamara

Craig,

We were on the Legend in October on the first Southern Carrib itinerary change from New York. The crew had a few days off before we got on board, they sailed from New York to Ft Lauderdale with crew only on the ship. Carnival let them have the ship to themselves and have a good time for 2 days. They were all exausted from partying when we got on! The first 2 days the crew seemed a little off kilter but they had some changes to deal with. The dinning room had a brand new menu which really threw the waiters off. All said, we still had a great cruise, enough to book the same week with you this next October. I wouldn't sweat it, I love the Miracle and I can't imagine a bad cruise on that ship.

Tamara

I feel better knowing a Misfit Sister has been thru this...LOL

Archived