Freestyle Disembarkation NCL Dawn

beverly631

We are sailing next week-- so excited -- out of NYC 2/18/07. Coming home 03/01/07. This is our first NCL cruise. How does freestyle disembarkation work? When do we get off the ship? The brochure makes it sound like you can stay on the ship all morning- sleeping late, going to gym, having a late breakfast. What's the real scoop? I need to plan a pickup time.

You can literally be the last ones off the ship if you want. I don't know how long they serve breakfast, but you don't have to get up at O'dark Thirty to get there. That's one of the things we love about NCL: no rush, rush to get off the ship. They still call colors, but you don't HAVE to leave when your color is called. You can also do express disembarkation where you're among the first off, but carrying your own luggage. The biggest thing I like about freestyle disembarkation is you don't have to leave your room so early in the morning. You can wait there until your color is called. In fairness to the embarking passengers waiting for the next cruise, we would recommend leaving when the color is called so the cabin stewards can start cleaning.

You are going to LOVE the Dawn. Link to many pics in my signature.

What time are you due in to NYC? You can almost count on the beginning of embarkation starting around 2 hours past dock time. We were off by 9:30 a.m. the last time (plenty of time to catch our 11:40 a.m. train). If there aren't any problems getting back to NYC (weather, etc), then I would shoot for 10:00 a.m. or so (again, depending on what time it's due to dock).

Happy Sailing!!! :D

We are sailing next week-- so excited -- out of NYC 2/18/07. Coming home 03/01/07. This is our first NCL cruise. How does freestyle disembarkation work? When do we get off the ship? The brochure makes it sound like you can stay on the ship all morning- sleeping late, going to gym, having a late breakfast. What's the real scoop? I need to plan a pickup time.

We were on the Dawn last week and were scheduled to arrive back in NY at 10:00am, we arrived about 9:00am. There was no rush or pressure to leave the ship (although the part of the breakfast buffet that we were in did close down around 9:30am) and we stayed in our room for a while until our colour was called. Hope you have a great time!!!

Dear Above, Do you know how the color codes are determined? We will be on deck 10. I'm trying to figure what time limo should pick us up. If you docked at 9am, what time did you actually disembark? I was thinking of telling them 11am.

Dear Above, Do you know how the color codes are determined? We will be on deck 10. I'm trying to figure what time limo should pick us up. If you docked at 9am, what time did you actually disembark? I was thinking of telling them 11am.

Join the roll call (Dawn-2/18/07) if you haven't already ... a wonderful group of experienced cruisers who will gladly answer any of your questions. you can also find them on cruise travel talk (put it together dot com) penthouse deck. Have fun. Regarding your limo ... it's too tough to answer because it all really depends on the weather and when the ship comes in. Your best bet is express debarkation ... and tell your limo 915. We did it on the Spriit and were home in CT on the phone at 1015.

Archived