Hydrotherapy pool on Noordam

Addict

The thermal suite on the Noordam is a room with about six ceramic loungers that are heated and feel absolutely wonderful. They all face a full wall of windows so you can take in the open sea or your port. Like a heating pad over your entire back and legs. There were three aromatherapy saunas of three different heat intensities. As well three shower stalls with different shower heads ranging from mist to a full six or eight inch heavy stream of water that was terrific on the back or a sore shoulder. The hardest thing is trying not to fall asleep while you are laying on the beds. Some times when I went there were only a couple filled and other times you had to wait. They encourage you only to take 20 minutes on the beds if someone else is waiting.

The hydropool was not hot enough for me. When I mentioned it to the staff they said it will not be as hot as the hot tubs around the pool area because of high blood pressure issues etc. The swirling water is very relaxing. Will definitely take advantage of this facility again on our next cruise.

No, you just go whenever you want. You turn in your room key card and exchange it for a card to open the hydropool and thermal suite. I found middle afternoon the less busiest. Any time during a port day except early morning and after four wasn't busy at all. The pool lounge bench can take about five to six at the most so sometimes you just had to hang around the sides until someone left. The center of the pool has an excellerated jet system and that section can only take about four.

Archived